• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Lean Gains what to do?

Thanks for all your help guys i think i will start to add some more food in over the next couple of weeks gradually and monitor my gains and see how i go. I am quite addicted to training and its what keeps me sane so i dont really want to drop back on the amount that i train. (I think training only 3 times a week would send me insane haha) Im planning to go down and see scotty at PTC sometime in the next few weeks and atleast just get a technique session in with him to make sure my form is in check and things like that. And yes i know i have a long way ahead of me and its going to take years of hard work and dedication but i live my life to the extremes and am very dedicated.

good progress this week 2.5 kg PB on squats 75kg for 2 sets x 5 reps and 5kg PB on deadlifts 92.5kg x 6 reps plus extra reps on a few other things. Also 700g up on last week so happy days.

This week i didnt gain i actually lost 100g. Sat down today and went over my workouts: All exercises - 2 warm up sets, 2 work sets and 1 drop set
Monday -Push:
Bench Press
Incline Dumbbell Press
Dips
Chest Press

Tuesday- cardio

Wednesday - Legs
Squats
Lunges
Leg Press
Single leg squats or leg press

Thursday - cardio

Friday - Pull:
Chin Ups
Lat Pulldown
Seated Row
Dumbell Row

Saturday -Cardio

Sunday - Shoulders and Arms:
Seated Shoulder press
Close grip dips
EZ bar bicep curl
Tricep Pushdown
Hammer Curls

The only thing missing is deadlifts but the person who helped me write the programme doesnt want me doing them until i have put on a bit more size because i am quite long and langky and without the size he thinks i will stuff my joints up.

Any Opinions?

This week i didnt gain i actually lost 100g. Sat down today and went over my workouts: All exercises - 2 warm up sets, 2 work sets and 1 drop set
Monday -Push:
Bench Press
Incline Dumbbell Press
Dips
Chest Press

Tuesday- cardio

Wednesday - Legs
Squats
Lunges
Leg Press
Single leg squats or leg press

Thursday - cardio

Friday - Pull:
Chin Ups
Lat Pulldown
Seated Row
Dumbell Row

Saturday -Cardio

Sunday - Shoulders and Arms:
Seated Shoulder press
Close grip dips
EZ bar bicep curl
Tricep Pushdown
Hammer Curls

The only thing missing is deadlifts but the person who helped me write the programme doesnt want me doing them until i have put on a bit more size because i am quite long and langky and without the size he thinks i will stuff my joints up.

Any Opinions?

Yeah, the person who helped you is an idiot

You're 60kg. Fuck lean gains.
Go to the supermarket right now, buy a 3L milk, a jar of peanutbutter, a carton of eggs. It better all be gone by time you go back and do the same thing tommorow.

Oh and for training, if i was in your position I'd do a program something like Starting Strength to get your figures up to realistic levels. After that you can go in the direction of your interests.

Last edited:
@boxing23: What do you do for cardio?
Is i long sessions or a HIIT style training session?
Maybe try to only do HIIT cardio in short sessions, that will aid your ability to stay fit and preserve your muscle.

And add deadlifts to your workout, they are arguably one of the best all round bulking exercises and strength gaining movement anyone can do, regardless of your slight frame/weight.
And just eat more mate, its pretty simple, I call it eating like an adult as you know whats good food vs bad food, so eat lots of good food and that will help you grow.
Good luck mate.

Hey Guys as you can see from my post i wanted to have deadlifts in there so i put them in on my pull days. I will just have to make sure my techniques is superfluous. As with any exercise. I am eating heaps 3500+cals a day. My cardio varies sometimes i will do 15 mins of HIIT or i might go for a 6km jog or a longer bike ride just depends on how I am feeling. I like the rower for my HIIT though. Thanks guys

100g difference is nothing. But if it's only been a week then I'd wait a week before changing.

Basically, you have 2 options, less cardio or more food. Choice is up to you.

I like to keep fit and do cardio as well but I've just limited it to brisk walking/jogging & short HIIT stuff. Short as in 10 hill sprints or a few sets of muscle ups. Has helped my recovery for weights a LOT compared to when I was doing a full mma session on my "off" days.