• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Kettlebells

I did say throw the kb in the basket with all the other fads.
It's a tool like all the others it all good don't get your panties in a bunch.
As with all fads most rejoice like they've discovered a new religion and become blinkered.
Posted via Mobile Device

oh my oh my.... I cant believe what im hereing.... KB's are the ultimate for building a strong PC and awesome cardio..... try doing a complext of 64kg KB UDL off planks x 20 32kg KB swings x 20 20kg kb thrusters x 20..... do that 3 times as quick as possible and tell me it is like the jogging of running more like the pain of death..

A fashion that is taken up with enthusiasm for a brief period of time.

Running has been around longer, it also is a fashion.

Please focus on what I'm saying.
If you want to be fast you sprint. You sprint long enough and it will turn into a jog. The intensity lessens.

You're doing it right knackers, you already know this.
Posted via Mobile Device

oh my oh my.... I cant believe what im hereing.... KB's are the ultimate for building a strong PC and awesome cardio..... try doing a complext of 64kg KB UDL off planks x 20 32kg KB swings x 20 20kg kb thrusters x 20..... do that 3 times as quick as possible and tell me it is like the jogging of running more like the pain of death..

FFS, yes it's hard, so is walking up and down a hill holding a 50kg phucking rock lol.
Or pushing a car for an hour.

You are missing my point.
Posted via Mobile Device

I dont know if I am missing your point you are saying using a barbell is superior .. right for building stregth ?? when you use a barbell the movement is a fluent smooth action... Kettle bells, stones, rocks, sandbags, logs etc are different to a barbell because they are more practical for sports, mma etc they are awkward, the weight is not balanced..... you cannot get this same stregth from using a bar bell as comapred to using all these foreign objects.... Thats my opinion...

Barbells and dumb bells are superior for building strength.

Playing the sport is far more superior for improving and biulding skill.

But it's ok agree to disagree right?
Specificity? That's another hot debate.
Posted via Mobile Device

Barbells and dumb bells are superior for building strength.

Playing the sport is far more superior for improving and biulding skill.

But it's ok agree to disagree right?
Specificity? That's another hot debate.
Posted via Mobile Device

I agree with this. For example I am a boxer, and if I want to get better at boxing, well I box. Running, sprinting, lifting weights are all supplements to the main course.

I think the purpose is also very important. For example, I run for anaerobic conditioning. So a nice 20km jog isn't really the way to go, intervals are superior for my goals. Same for barbells and kettlebells, if my main goal is strength and barbells are the most efficient way to progress and build strength, then I would use barbells.

But for example if my main goal is to throw a better jab or right hand, then I work on those.. technique, timing, speed etc.

Thats just my opinion.

WTF has that got to do with KB's?

No one is questioning you need to train specifically for your sport, thats a no brainer.

Andy simply said the KB's were a fad. A fad that started 120 years ago. The DB replaced them, and has an advantage over most exercises, but not all.

They are the weapon of choice if you really want to test muscular endurance.

Might buy a 64kg KB shortly for UDL's.

What set/rep scheme do you usually use for these Markos?