• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Is this normal for body building?

W

Wog_legend

Hi everyone, I have been working out for a while now and my routine is this in order

3 sets of 15 reps of triceps (The one where u lean down and go behind) 7.5kg

3sets of 15 reps of triceps extensions7.5kg

3sets of 15 reps of forearms (front and back) 12.5kg

3sets of 15 reps normal bicep curls 12.5kg

3sets of 15 reps hammer curls 12.5kg

I do this for 3 days then rest... 3 days rest 1 day... 3 days rest 1 day...

Anyway today i did that but at the beginning i now lifted 3sets of 33 reps of 7.5kg of bicep curls because i wanted to burn fat around my arm to get cut. And today when i was on my last set of my whole workout, every time i curled my arm for biceps and then went back down... when i went down i could feel my vein do something weird like it felt like blood was trying to go through my vein... what is it it felt SOOO WEIRD... its like when i lifted my arm there was no blood but when i went down its like the blood was trying to get back through... it was the weirdest feeling i dont know if thats it it just feels liek when i put my arm down its like my vein was cramped up and is stretching out now... i can feel it kind of like......detatch from soemthing... Iono plz help im kinda scared and i dont want it to effect my workout.:( I've also asked some of my mates that workout they said its normal but its so weird i CANNOT work out with it it feels that weird that i WANT to stop... did i push my self to hard because i did the extra 100?

Im 17 years old and weigh bout 80kg's

Last edited:
never experience that sort of feeling , doesn't sound right to me

You're probably overtraining. You're supposed to leave 48 hours before training a muscle again. And you're training the same muscle 3 days in a row, then only giving it 1 day to recover from that massive workout.

Another tip,

There's no such thing as "spot reducing" - Eg. You can't work a muscle in an area to burn fat from that area. Your body takes fat from where ever it likes, all over your body.

Cheers

Old post LOL... yeah i have had the wierd bicep vien thing when i was much much MUCH thinner. it never hurt me.