• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

I want to improve my workout.advice please

Subotai

Hi Guys

In the past I went to the gym for a couple of years and I was the perfect example of what not to do as my progress then was very bad and my form was truly sad, I never got to lift the weights some people do here so it means I was doing it wrong, although my body did look like I trained hard.

Anyway I stopped doing exercise June last year and then I never touched a barbell or did any form of exercise at all (and I do mean at all) til August this year. I read some of the topics here before I started so I decided I would use this routine till I have some decent weights :

Chin ups x 8

Deadlift x 8

Bench press x 8

Bent over barbell rows x 8

Squats x 8

Military standing press x8

This 3 times per week.

I started with the lowest weight possibly (only the bar) and being increasing every 2 weeks the weight but using the correct form.

:mad:Now is there another exercise besides bent over barbell row that I can do? After doing deadlifts in the same session, my row got to a point when my lower back is doing 90% of the exercise trying to hold the form and I can't concentrate on the rowing movement.

:mad:My military press (standing) after a few weeks of doing them I couldn't (and still can't) add more weight, and the weight I'm at is pathetic, how can I improve this?

:mad:Today I increased weight in all my squats, bench press, deadlift and I failed at squats so I had to do the same weight as last week, but then again on Mondays I'm really tired as I work all the weekend whole day till midnight so I don't rest much.

Any opinion or help is greatly appreciate and I do apologize for the long post but I thought that any advice might be more accurate the more info I gave.

Also english is not my first language so yeah...

A good place to start is the beggins program, Check it out mate, Cant go wrong,

Ive been doing it the past month and have been adding weight each week no probs, I love it

I do this every second day, Inbetween days i will do light cardio and chin ups.

do you do them in that order? if not, please give us the correct order.

try an A and a B session - do the deads on A and the rows on B. i couldn't do 1x5 deads at a "progression" weight and 3x5 rows at a "progression" weight in the same session with good form.

Yeah I do them in that order, I did thought about splitting but I'm not sure if I should split into 3 days or 4.

Which beginners program? I should check it out.

If you fatigued from working on the weekend. Try shifting your workout days to Tuesday, thu and sat.

I dont think I can workout on saturday or sunday as I work the whole time.

The main reason I'm considering changing my routine is because my progress is stalling.

Stop doing full deadlifts and squats in the same session. Try a deadlifts variant like romanian deadlifts instead. This will lower the overall fatigue. Start squatting first in the workout. You should be progressing in some way every session for a beginner until you have to start progressing weekly.

How much can do you lift for all lifts (besides calf)?