• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How long to do weights? I am just starting out.

Don't forget that girls can be strong as well! Check out PTC's thread in the Female training section. Heavy weights build muscle, muscle = firm and toned. Firm and toned = mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I wanted to post a photo up but I have no idea what to do. I read the section of how to get it up, but I want to upload it from my pc. It makes no sense to me. grrr

Just copy the photo, (ctrl+c) and when in the window typing your response paste is (ctrl+v).

10129_1159351902157_1178555129_3-1.jpg

ok hopefully this works. I lost 31 kilos in 10 months and I want to look good. As you can see I am just starting out.

You look pretty firm and toned to me along with some pretty decent muscle tone. What else do you want from here?

I am actually flexing..lol. My triceps arent the best, although they are getting better as I still have a bit of loose skin there. I want to work on those more if I can. My lower body is ok, I would like more muscle in my legs. I do not have time to go to the gym due to business committments and a child, so I do my weights and cardio at home.

Triceps, if you have 2 benches you can do these.

You can always add weight to your lap as well.

You can do that for Triceps. You will also build tricep muscle when Bench Pressing or doing a Military Press.

As for legs, squats are the best for building muscle. Can you get yourself any other equipment?

Last edited:
I do squats using my weights. I was thinking of getting some other equipment, but room is a factor, but I might consider putting it in my garage. What do you recommend?

Also I noticed 2 weeks ago I wa 49.3kilos, but now I am 49.9. Could this be due to muscle gain. I eat a really healthy diet. Oats for breakfast, Soy linseed bread salad and meat sandwish, 2 pieces of fruit a day, 3 cups of vegies and a large salad plus a portion of protein.

It sounds like you may not even be getting enough protein? What meat is on the sandwich? What do you mean by portion of protein? Do you know your calorie intake and your breakdown?

Your dumbells certainly would not be enough weight for the squats. I reckon a rack and a bench with some heavier dumbells would be enough for what you need.

I have a mixture of chicken, fish and lean red meat. I have 100g for lunch and 120g at night with main meal, or 2 60 g eggs. Thats why I thought protein powder might be ok to have.

That is about ~55g of protein. Add in your oats, bread and vegies = ~80g? It is hard to know without specific serving sizes. You should aim to get about 2g for every kg of bodyweight. A scoop of protein sure wouldn't do you any harm. Have it with water straight after your workout and you will absorb it quicker to help build muscle.

10129_1159351902157_1178555129_3-1.jpg

ok hopefully this works. I lost 31 kilos in 10 months and I want to look good. As you can see I am just starting out.

Awesome is how you look Angie. That Champion, is only overshadowed by your attitude and achievement which is so inspirational you blow me away!

Fadi

Thanks Fadi, your so cute! People like you are an inspiration. Not only do you know your stuff, but you love to help others out. Not many out there like that. thank you

Last edited:
Thanks Fadi, your so cute! People like you are an inspiration. Not only do you know your stuff, but you love to help others out. Not many out there like that. thank you

You're very special Angie. Many people here can learn a lot from you. Yes, nearly everyone here is speaking of getting huge and piling on the beef; a gain of 5kg of muscle for some of us here is amazingly great. A 10kg muscle gain is well...just phenomenal. But to gain 31kg of muscles in 10 months or even a year would be no short of a miracle, and possibly an "assisted" miracle at that if you know what I mean.

You've lost 31kg in 10 months which to me is that miracle...unassisted I might add. You did it with guts and determination that only a true Champion can master. This is not I scratch your back and you'll scratch mine type of talk because I'm hopeless with that type of "bull". This is the real deal full respect from me Angie. Well done and I salute you in more ways than one Champion.

Fadi.

and Fadi, you are one of the kindest people I know. I appreciate your kind words, and everyone on here 'especially you" inspire me to keep going to reach my goals. I dont care that I am 33 and a woman, I want to tone, be strong and look my best with muscle not fat. Thanks Fadi for all you help!:)