• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Help designing a workout

So what I have posted has been too compilcated? Just want to know for my own benifit, because I like it but everyone here shot it down in flames which tells me I have a lot to learn until I can confidently write a decent exercise prescription.

What you have posted shows no understanding. You need to go educate yourself if you want to prescribe exercise otherwise follow a good coaches plan, there are many out there.

In post #12 you said "thanks l will do that" to someone suggesting the beginner program that’s posted all through here (real solid program even with subbing the squats out) and then a week later you post a cluster fuck of a program asking us what we think. Don't ask our opinions or for our help if you just going to ignore it and do the program you think 'looks wicked pumped' instead...

Edit * After re-reading what l posted that came off a little harsh....
That's all good I didn't see it as harsh I can see where your coming from, I'm guessing there are a heap of similar threads
Dont over complicate it if your a beginner, stick to squats ( or closest thing you can get to it in your case ), Bench press, Bent rows, Overhead press, Dips and Chins. Thats your staple exercises for any program build around them and do them a lot and you will get bigger and stronger, reps and sets are up to you just complete them and add weight whenever possible.

I did not see that sorry, thanks if I had read it I would have come to that conclusion a week ago

Terrible program and sort your diet out before you worry about supplements.

Like others said do the beginner program here.
Diet is pretty hard still live at home, but I really need to sit down determine my macronutrient breakdown and figure out what calorie deficiet I should use that works well with my training and allows me to work

What you have posted shows no understanding. You need to go educate yourself if you want to prescribe exercise otherwise follow a good coaches plan, there are many out there.
How so? A friend swears by the last one I posted, I just wanted to know if it was a good program, what are its shortfalls?

Last edited:
Eight-Day Training Cycle: One day training, one day rest
(One day on, one day off)

Day 1: Chest, biceps

Bench presses 3 sets 6- 8 reps
Incline bench presses 2 sets 6- 8 reps
Dips with added weights 2 sets 8-10 reps
Barbell curls 3 sets 6-10 reps
Dumbbell curls 2 sets 6-10 reps

Day 3: Thighs
Squats 3 sets 6-10 reps
Leg presses 2 sets 8-10 reps
Leg curls 2 sets 8-10 reps

Day 5: Shoulder, triceps
Presses behind neck 3 sets 6- 8 reps
Upright row 2 sets 8-10 reps
Side laterals 2 sets 8-10 reps
Lying triceps presses 3 sets 6-10 reps
Triceps pulley pushdown 2 sets 8-10 reps

Day 7: Back. calves
Chins with added weight 3 sets 8-10 reps
Lat pull to neck 2 sets 8-10 reps
Barbell bent-over row 2 sets 6-10 reps
Seated cable row 2 sets

Can someone please tell me whats wrong with this?

Just fucking do it then. People have told you over and over that it's a shit program for a beginner but your obviously hanging out for someone to tell you its ok no matter what everyone says.

Doing this is better than nothing but there are far better programs which have been suggested.

That's not right, I want to know its downfalls so when it gets to the stage I need to change my program I can confidently write my own and not have to make more threads like this for now I'm doing the beginners program here

The basics of it are as a beginner you want to do full body workouts hitting the main exercises each time to take advantage of the noob gains to get stronger and build muscle fast.

A full body workout will do that much better than a split workout with heaps of isolation exercises doing each body part only once a week.

The problem is you need to squat more often than once every 8 days. Deadlifts are missing. They are a champion mass builder.

Also you have no calf exercise on back / calf day.

Train exercises not body parts.

Bench, row squat
Off
Pull up, press, Deadlifts
Off
Assistance
Off
Repeat

Standing and seated calf raises we're supposed to be in there

So when would a weekly split like this be beneficial?

When you're a huge mass monster and you require huge volume on which case you would add more sets so in your case and most others probably never.

Roids lol....

Assistance - calves, some arm work, Hammies and any weakness you may want to work on.
I work on shoulders so I do some dumbbell raises. See my log for tonight's assistance workout.

Diet is pretty hard still live at home, but I really need to sit down determine my macronutrient breakdown and figure out what calorie deficiet I should use that works well with my training and allows me to work

You are asking about hypertrophy specific programs & then you say the above.

You require a calorie surplus for hypertrophy.

troll.jpg