• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Going to the gym in winter...

A

andy

So basically i started going to the gym a couple months back. I try to go early in the mornings before work, because im not much of a people person. So how do you guys get outta bed so early in the mornings, especially with winter coming up? I can't imagine getting outta bed at 5am when there are icicles forming on my balls

Try getting out of bed in sub zero and snow up to your knees....literally!
It is a monumental hassle so I tend to go when I have a few hours to spare during the day or after work.But that sucks to `cause in mid winter it`s dark by 4 and you just want to go home and cook a hot feed and relax.
Coming out of winter now so I can ride my bike to the station at least but in a few weeks I should be able to ride all the way to the gym.Still bloody cold though.
I definitely drop off in winter and lose a bit of fitness and then catch up in summer.If you aren`t a morning person just accept that you will drop off a bit.
If you have to drag yourself out of bed it is a hassle and you start to resent it and lose interest.

Edit; Oh wait you are in Brisbane!WTF are you complaining about???!!!

hahaha bloody hell zarkov... yeah... brisbane gets cold... well sort of :p

ive never even seen snow, sheltered life lol :(

I do a session at 4.30am the another at 5pm, Yeah, getting up on winter mornings suck but if you want it you'll do it.

I'm usually up kind of late. So on the night before a workout, I put the heater on low just before I go to bed.

When i wake up the heater has warmed the room enough to take the cold bitterness out of the air. Makes the initial physical getting out of bed pretty easy and that's the hardest part. After that you ****ing motor around to keep from freezing.