• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Getting my routine right - advice?

username0

At the moment my routines change as in I sometimes do chest / tri or tri / bi or other combinations of split routines.

The problem I have with some is I get fatigued after my chest workouts and cant push as hard on my triceps etc.. Same for other combinations.

I tried mixing different muscles or even started alternating exercises, ie
Close Grip BP / Bicep Curls / Skull Crushes / Reverse Curls / Dips / etc
That is Tricep / Bicep / Tricep alternating. Doing this has allowed me to work longer / harder on each ex.

This seems to be the best for me atm
Shoulders / anything
Biceps / Triceps
Legs / Core
Chest / Back
Not in that order.

Any advice on routines ?
Also is it ok to alternate exc or should I perform all my chest work before starting all my back work during a workout etc.

It really depends on your goals, and how many days a week you're working out, and what 'works for you'.

For a five day split, I like

Chest (upper major)

Legs/Calves (lower major)

Back/Abs (upper major)

Shoulders/Traps

Arms/Abs/Calves

Giving me a rest between upper majors. I usually don't like to do calves before legs, don't usually like to do abs before back, and usually leave arms until after upper body push/pull.

For a four day, I like to combine the last two days (which makes for a big day), or move shoulders into chest day.

For a three day split, I might do

Chest/Shoulders/Traps

Legs/Calves/Back/Abs

Arms/Abs/Calves

Anything less than a three day split, I prefer to do whole body workouts.

This is what I find works for me - but it differs for everyone. I like to get chest in first, cause mine is lacking somewhat and I'm trying to slowly build it up. Sometimes I'll swap legs and back around, might do alternating sets when I'm on arms, alternate quads and hammies.

Try some different workouts, and go with what works for you.

im trying now

[FONT=&quot]Chest / Biceps[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Bench / inc flys / wide grip press /curls / reverse curls
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Shoulders /traps[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Press / lateral / shrugs / upright[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Back / triceps[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Deadlift / rows / chin-ups / Close grip press / dips [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Legs / core[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Squat / calf raises / leg extensions / core work[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]cardio[/FONT]

Can you explain your choices in the split you are doing and the choice of exercises, why you only hit each bodypart once a week, how many sets you are doing and rep ranges etc etc.

It's important to get a half decent workout plan and there is so many different ways to get the job done and your always gonna be changing every few weeks/ months. Keep it fresh with different styles eg. Hiit and splits and one body part a day. Your body will tell you what is best, but you can have a fucking unreal workout setup that leaves you fucked from every workout but unless your diets in check your chasing your tail. 70% diet ,30% training

Good luck finding what works for u keep it fresh

Why does almost every body part split feel the need to give an entire day to shoulders.

Do you do 5 types of dumbell raises to effectively isolate the deltoids.

First off I would recommend saving up some money for the following:

- A copy of Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength
- A copy of Mark Rippetoe's Practical Programming
- A copy of Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength DVD
- A copy of Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 Ebook
- A pair of weightlifting shoes (cheaper than a pair of joggers)
- Some chalk.

Yes this is about $300 bucks, but its far, far less than the amount you'd blow on a bunch of stupid supplements or petrol driving to the gym 5 days a week.

After you've had a good read of those and know how to perform exercises and how to train I would do the Starting Strength program with some chins on friday for some extra arm work.

Once you've exhausted that you'll probably be a good 10kg heavier and have lifts around 140/100/200. At this point change to 5/3/1, train x4 a week and over time introduce exercises with a bodybuilding focus if thats still your goal.

Getting my routine right - advice?
I'll leave the advice to others for now and look at your question from a totally different angle if you don't mind.

You write "right". I'd like you to realise that there is or there may be a "right" for now but there can never be a "right" for all times or for many months to come if your plan is muscular growth.

Everything works but nothing works all of the times. That means the winner for all times is change itslef/variation itself.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Sunday - Chest/Front and Side Delts
Tuesday - Back/Rear Delts and Traps
Wednesday - Legs and Calves
Thursday - Arms

Basically Abs and Cardio, in mornings and weights at night.

This routine works well for me.