• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Getting back to lifting

srscan

Hi everyone,

I am looking into getting back to lifting after a hiatus of almost a year. I lifted fairly seriously for 12 months a while back but stopped due to moving o/s for work and having a nomadic life!

Now I am home for good, I want to get back into it with this full body routine to get my strength and size back up. Is this routine any good:

Code:
MONDAY

Squat 			3 x 8
Bench Press 		3 x 8
Barbell Bentover Row	3 x 8
Dips			3 x 8
Plate Situp		3 x 

WEDNESDAY

Deadlift		3 x 6
Military Press		3 x 8
Wide Grip Pull Up	3 x 8
Hammer Curl		3 x 8
Calf Raises 		3 x 12

FRIDAY

Squat			3 x 8
Bench Press		3 x 8
Barbell Bentover Row	3 x 8
Close Grip Bench Press	3 x 8
Rope Pull Down		2 x 10

I will tack on about 15-25 min of HIIT cardio after every workout.
I am Male, 188cm and 96kg ~18% BF.

I did one session to see how my numbers were and managed the following:
Squat: 65kg x 12
Deadlift: 60kg x 12 (could have gone heavier but was not too confident in my form and have a history of a bad lower back).
Bench: 70kg x 8

Please critique and suggest improvements.

Program looks fairly decent to me, except that there appears to be more upperbody pushing than upper body pulling, so it may lead to some imbalances over time.

Thanks for the feedback. I will move The Rope Pulldowns from Friday to Monday & on Friday perform 3 x 8 Chinups.

[Changes marked in bold]

MONDAY

Squat 3 x 8
Bench Press 3 x 8
Barbell Bentover Row 3 x 8
Dips 3 x 8
Rope Pull Down 2 x 10
Plate Situp 3 x

WEDNESDAY

Deadlift 3 x 6
Military Press 3 x 8
Wide Grip Pull Up 3 x 8
Hammer Curl 3 x 8
Calf Raises 3 x 12

FRIDAY

Squat 3 x 8
Bench Press 3 x 8
Barbell Bentover Row 3 x 8
Close Grip Bench Press 3 x 8
Chinups 3 x 8

look s ok..Give it a whirl.

Start a log so you can keep track of progress.

Best of luck.