• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Diet without protein powder or bars

[h=2]Phytic Acid Prevents Digestion[/h]Unfortunately, whole grains contain phytic acid in the bran of the grain which combines with key minerals, especially calcium, magnesium, copper, iron, and zinc and prevents their absorption in the intestinal tract. This makes it more difficult to digest properly. Soaking, fermenting, or sprouting the grain before cooking or baking will neutralize the phytic acid, releasing these nutrients for absorption.This process allows enzymes, lactobacilli and other helpful organisms to not only neutralize the phytic acid, but also to break down complex starches, irritating tannins and difficult-to-digest proteins, including gluten. For many, this may lessen their sensitivity or allergic reactions to particular grains. Everyone will benefit, nevertheless, from the release of nutrients and greater ease of digestion.

The Value of Soaking your Whole Grains | Passionate Homemaking

have you tried soaking your oats in water overnight to get ride of some crazy stuff?
i was told my an elite coach they do that.

just thinking of what can be eliminated to break it down and actually find out whats causing it...

edit: personally, i just eat potato and say fuc you to oats. they don't agree with me.
I haven't tried soaking them, but could give it a go. Mentally potato might be hard to do for breakfast. (Unless it's a hash brown!) ?

I usually use Max's too, but have since tried a few different brands. Some are far worse in terms of digestive pain, but some are better. Like I said before, try a hydrolised WPI, which is basically pure protein and see how you go. I would recommend Dymatize ISO100.
I see Maxs have a high leucine WPI that they claim is 95%.
I can appreciate the WPC might be upsetting my stomach.

i looked at the dymatize, they claim 90% protein, but see they have BCAAS too. Is this on top of the 90%, making up the difference?

Yeah the Max's blends are high in leucine, and are quite milky. Other brands like Giant Sports use a milk isolate, and even though are very tasty, cause digestional pain. A hydrolised protein has the amino acids broken down and in theory should be easier for your body to digest. So it's not just purely about the protein content, but the quality of it.

I think you can also get some powders that have been acid treated so the PH level is closer to the acids in your stomach.

Even though I'm a fan of Max's protein, they are very milky and I've found a lot of my friends can't consume it either without having issues. I would be trying a protein that has been treated to specifically digest easier.

Pretty easy to get this amount of protein in from diet. 250g of protein and 2,500kcal a day is easy to hit. I am more of a higher fat, lower carb guy but not high fat or low carb for sure. I think you'd want 1g/lb in grams of carbs a day and this should give enough glycogen replenishment. You're cutting down however so to keep training intensity high but calories so low you're not going to want to have the fats so high because you'll want the carbs for glycogen. Another option would be to go carb-free on non training days.

So your sample macros could be:
Training days:
Carbs: 250g
Protein: 250g
Fats: 55g

Non-training days:
Protein: 250g
Fats: 165g

You'll want most of your carbohydrate around the training window as well as this will give the best glycogen replenishment and the most free levels of blood sugar when you're training. Most people train in the afternoon so this results in a carb free breakfast. I think 3 meals a day should be fine.

Breakfast:
Training & rest days: 6 eggs cooked in 15ml of grapeseed oil (45g fats, 35g protein)

Lunch:
Training days: 475g chicken breast, 150g white rice (raw weight), salad
Rest days: 120g almonds, 415g chicken breast, plenty of salad

Dinner:
Training days: 560g white fish, 625g sweet potato, salad
Rest day: 400g t-bone steak with salad

@oni; why is everything you write currently in pounds? Did you get a hit to the head and wake up talking imperial?

@oni; why is everything you write currently in pounds? Did you get a hit to the head and wake up talking imperial?

Because multiples of your body weight in pounds fits better than multiples of your body weight in kilos when calculating how much to eat

Yeah the Max's blends are high in leucine, and are quite milky. Other brands like Giant Sports use a milk isolate, and even though are very tasty, cause digestional pain. A hydrolised protein has the amino acids broken down and in theory should be easier for your body to digest. So it's not just purely about the protein content, but the quality of it.

I think you can also get some powders that have been acid treated so the PH level is closer to the acids in your stomach.

Even though I'm a fan of Max's protein, they are very milky and I've found a lot of my friends can't consume it either without having issues. I would be trying a protein that has been treated to specifically digest easier.

I have bought some Dymatize ISO to give a go.

having mental problems not having shakes. See how a pure WPI goes for me.

i disagree with this method, just saying.
you don't need protein powders, and to get back on track should eliminate things, not add more unknowns. wait for the problem to go away, then slowly add them back in. 1 by 1.

and i'd use real food to do that, not artificial and processed sups. just my 2cents.

FWIW, it's a fair bit cheaper and easier to use shakes to hit protein amounts when you're trying to eat less (unless you like to eat a LOT of canned tuna).

If you eat a lot of canned tuna it could throw your fat macros out unless you like it in water..Yuk