• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Diet / Training Dilema

Snoochies

The start of next year my routine is going to change a bit and need some advice.

For the last 6 months I have been doing the Warrior diet, without going into it too much, it's worked for me and am happy with it. Currently I get to train at work in the afternoon and then go home and enjoy the home life with my young boy and do the family thing and start the eating phase.

I am about to get myself a home gym as I have removed my bar room and and getting some gear put in but this now means I will have to workout late after the young fella is in bed as I don't want to sacrafice the family time (which includes dinner time).

So am I living in a pipe dream that I can eat a big meal then train?

The only way around it I can think of is to eat the main part (meat and veg) then cram in the rest straight after training.

Have read a little about stop eat stop which may suit, eat normal on training days (Mon, Wed, Fri) reduce cals on 2 days.

Cheers

no you'll be fine. I do it all the time and i've never had issues finishing a session due to being too full. i do IF and on occasion am eating as much as 2000cals before lifting. typically 3 plates: salad, veggies and something hot (meat). if i'm short on protein i may supp with a protein heavy dessert (protein fluff, hm protein ice cream, yoghurt, etc)

as i see it, you're tossing up between 4 options:
a) lifting then eating
b) eating then lifting
c) eating, not lifting
d) lifting, not eating
option a) is ideal and b) not far behind (the difference would be negligible imho). you say option a) is not an option due to family dinner, d) is not an option due to family dinner and c) is a rest day - sounds like b) is your best and only option.

i prefer to lift after eating anyway. i've normally been fasting all day so i'm typically able to put in a better shift after dinner than before - sort of a TKD thing because i low-carb. the trade off to lifting late isthat you're lifting closer to bed time so if you get particularly pumped up (adrenalin, pre-workout supps) then you're going to have trouble sleeping...

You will be sweet..

[ame=http://youtu.be/KvIZKYhUOl8]Weight Lifting After Dinner - YouTube[/ame]

The question is how long do you have to digest after eating? If it's 2 hours or around that, there shouldn't be any issues.

Other option is to get up early and lift in the morning.

Thanks for the info.

Obtion B it will have to be.

The warrior diet allows a 4 hour window so I can eat decent size dinner earlier, allow a couple of hours to digest, train for an hour and fill in the rest after training. Bout the best considering the circumstances.