• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Diet advice while doing fifo work

andy51086

Hi

I've been doing fifo work now for the past 8 months on a week on week off roster and decided to get back into weight lifting. I done it for about a year last year and sort of gave up with it since I started this job.

How do you guys work out what you are eating up here? Obviously there is no way to work out macros for the food as you don't know them.

You can basicly only eat what's given to you and at my place its not really that good.

Does anyone have any advice or tips that what would help me have a decent diet when I am up here?

Being up here is really holding me back from training as I think if my diets no good what's the point, so any advice or sample diets would be much appreciated

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Look up the macro and calorie values of all some different food types and make note of them. At least then you can have some sort of an idea of what you are consuming when you have no control over the food types on offer.

Hey mate, myself and Redog are both FIFO, and I find it easier while we are in camp. At my camp, the staple healthy food is generally always the the same, it's normally the unhealthy foods that vary and if you're disciplined and stick to the healthy foods you can work out your macros and save them in your phone. I use myfitnesspal iphone app and have my breakfasts/lunch/dinners all saved under frequently used foods. After a while, you just seem to know what you're eating without checking...

My husband is FIFO, he has gained 8kgs in 6months. He can't have his mobile with him underground but he has no idea on counting calories. He did manage to lose weight last year and it was all through meal preparation.

Thanks for the suggestions guys and girls ill see what I can do. I used to weigh all my food and know exactly what I was eating I guess I just need to get used to doing it differently. Portion control and knowing how much a certain amount of food weighs just by looking at it and judging the amount may prove difficult

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2