• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cut!

CB1

Hi Guys,

Ive been bulking for the last 6 months and now I want to go on a cut, I was just wondering if I was just to lower my calorie intake by 500 calories and continue with the same workout program, would it be good enough??

Should I also add some cardio into my workout?? Should I have a high protein low carb diet? or should I go on a Keto diet or something?

thankx

Start by reducing by 500 CALS, do that for 2 weeks, then check your progress, if no weight loss, reduce CALS again and repeat.

Cardio is optional.

As Morgan writes, Cardio is optional, not at all needed.. Cardio will allow you to eat more kCals per day, but isn't needed for losing weight.. But if you like to do cardio, go for it.. It has a lot of health benefits with it.. But losing weight comes down to burning more kCals then you ingest..

Reduce your kCals a bit until you see any different in either weight or looks... You could of course use the benefits from some of the effective diets out there such as Intermittent fasting, etc.

Good luck, bro!

Hi Guys,

Ive been bulking for the last 6 months and now I want to go on a cut, I was just wondering if I was just to lower my calorie intake by 500 calories and continue with the same workout program, would it be good enough??

Should I also add some cardio into my workout?? Should I have a high protein low carb diet? or should I go on a Keto diet or something?

thankx

How many calories are you currently consuming?

What is your Est maintenance calorie requirements?

Like the other guys have said, cardio is certainly only optional.

Thanks for the reply guys. I will reduce my calorie intake and see how I go.

MaxBrenner I was eating about 3000 cals and my maintenance was at about 2000 cals.

HIIT cardio will be beneficial. Not necessary if you don't want to.

The tighter and cleaner your diet, the less need for cardio. However, I get clients down to their lowest %age bf with a couple of HIIT sessions a week. Won't harm your progress, and breaks up the 3-4 resistance sessions in the week.

Thanks for the reply guys. I will reduce my calorie intake and see how I go.

MaxBrenner I was eating about 3000 cals and my maintenance was at about 2000 cals.

Cool, just consume 15%-20% less calories than your current intake and readjust them depending on your progress.

If you feel like the amount of food you are consuming is not 'filling' and you need to consume more, either add in some cardio to allow you to continue with your desired calorie deficit or consume your calorie intake requirements in larger yet less frequent amount meals:)