• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

core strength

I want a stronger core strength not because its a fad because I need a stronge core for horse riding. If you have strong core your balance is a lot better you don't need to reply on your hands to stay on (bad to hang onto a horse's mouth), you will have a stronger position. A lot of benefits.

i hadn't thought of that before.

It's only now that I greatly appreciate my height, or lack thereof.

The 150kg deadlift is in my sights...so is the famous 2 plate bench

sorry for the thread hijack

Lots of people dont realise that power, is a measure of how much weight can be moved over a certain distance in a certain time.

so a taller person needs to be quite a bit stronger or have more power than a shorter person, and not just because of the extra distanmce that needs to be covered, but also because that distance would be covered much quicker comparably. Then there is the whole we are predominantly inefficient leverage systems, so longer limbs are less efficient for a similar muscle mass.

You will se a lot of effective power lifters that seem to bat outside their weight division because they are shorter....embrace the tiny!

I just picked up a Torsonator from Australian Kettlebells. I saw a couple of elite strength guys using it on Youtube, so I had a play around with it at KA.

I just had a session with it, and it blasts the core like no other BB exercise. The fact you still use a plate loaded BB in a swivel that allows 360 degree rotation makes it extremely useful.

Using one arm at a time blasts the core. I'll be putting all my clients through it tonight, but so far Nina and I reckon its an absolute winner.

To give you an idea, I can do 1 arm Superman pushups, I can do superman pushups with a 20kg plate on my bum, so my core is strong, and this really challenged me.

I have a few clients off here, I'll get them to reply to this thread once theyve used it.

Height plays little role in deadlift, arm length is the key.

The biggest deadlifters at PTC, I mean 250kg and over, are all 6 foot plus. Shorty pulls 210kg at 5'2" and 68kg, but Tony and Howie pull 260kg+ at 6' and 6' 3"

James pulls 250kg at 6'4".

All these guys have long arms.

In the locked out position, the bar sits inches beneath their sack. On me, its on my pubic bone, poor leverages in the start position.

I forgot to mention, Simon deadlifted 240kg at 79kg and 6'. Triple bodyweight, not short, big pull.Long arms.

To give you an idea, I can do 1 arm Superman pushups, I can do superman pushups with a 20kg plate on my bum, so my core is strong, and this really challenged me.

Wow!

You should put up a youtube vid of this, would love to see :)

LOL..........thats not my thing, though most of my clients have seen me do the 1 arm version.

For the record, I havent done a sit up since the 1980's lol