• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

claming it...

Flea

I was just thinking when people say 'oh i can lift x amount of weight' how many times do you have to lift that weight..

eg I just benched 100kgs for the first time but i only did 2 reps where as normally I do 75-80kgs but 3x8

I know there's no real point in lifting a lot just once or twice but just to see how much you actually can lift...
do i now tell people i can bench 100kgs? :p

Whatever you 1rm is determines how strong you are.

Good stuff getting the 100kg.

I remember years ago getting my first 100kg 1 rep and i was elated...

Whatever you 1rm is determines how strong you are.

Good stuff getting the 100kg.

I remember years ago getting my first 100kg 1 rep and i was elated...

cheers :) im quite happy seens i was always the skinny kid outa me an my mates now im lifting more then them an you can see there jealous :p

congrates on the 100kg it is a huge lift..But aim to get past it ASAP SOOO many people see it as a huge barrier and focus on it too much...Me included.

But as mentioned if you can lift it even once, Than thats what you can lift.

Its a cool weight as it looks nice having 2x 20 on each side, it just looks heavy.

And its the weight you start to feel the bar flex, when you first push it up off the stays.

If you do it and do it correctly with good form kudos to you.
It is a yardstick of how you are improving and whether it
is once or twice or three times it is an achievement so
own it, it`s yours.

Congratulations on the lift.

It's suprising how it can creep up on you.
6 months ago, I had never lifted more than 90kg for bench presss.
Then one day just tried to see what I could lift.
Suprisingly, 100kg went up relatively easily.

I find it's good to ramp up the weights over time.
If training the same exercise for 4-6 weeks, I get fatigued after a while and lose alot of strength for some reason.
When I build a lift over 3 to 4 weeks then hit a new record, I usually can't repeat it the next week and have to drop back down in weight again.
Don't know why this is, but it always happens with me.