• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

bodybuilding gym in melbourne

In my experience less than a fitness/lifestyle gym as your membership doesn't go towards covering the costs of services you'll never use.

The gym I go to has a swimming pool, and fitness/cardio classes. If you join a gym which ALSO has these facilities, you may be able to make good use of them. I take my kids to the pool Saturdays and Sundays they get in free on my membership. That alone makes the extra worth it.

Sigh, I remember paying 40c to use the local pool when I was a kid... :D

Last edited:
The gym I go to has a swimming pool, and fitness/cardio classes. If you join a gym which ALSO has these facilities, you may be able to make good use of them. I take my kids to the pool Saturdays and Sundays they get in free on my membership. That alone makes the extra worth it.

There's no doubt you can utilise additional facilities, I wouldn't disagree with that. I guess the major bonus of a bodybuilding orientated gym is the clientèle they attract... or don't attract, depending on which way you look at it.

What about in the bayside area? It seems to be all studios and 'health clubs' not that I dont find the facilities great, just would like to know if anyone knows of a more BB specific gym?

MD
What suburb(s) are you looking in?

What suburb(s) are you looking in?

Bayside/sandringham/brighton

Again, overall good facilities and great people, but it gets a bit uncomfortable getting the looks and peeps when doing heavy work, tolerated easily but I would love to find a place that has more the BB clientle as u say. I tried training at home, too many distractions, so I sold the home gym and I am back at square 1 with a pile of plates.;)

MD

Last edited:
I just received a TXT from Genesis in Port Melbourne trying to get me to go back there. I had a pretty poor experience there (some of it my own fault in retrospect).

Although I do miss the sauna!

I can still remember when it was 2 bob or 7 bucks for a seasons ticket!
And I`m not that old (I think).

Bayside/sandringham/brighton

Again, overall good facilities and great people, but it gets a bit uncomfortable getting the looks and peeps when doing heavy work, tolerated easily but I would love to find a place that has more the BB clientle as u say. I tried training at home, too many distractions, so I sold the home gym and I am back at square 1 with a pile of plates.;)

MD

You're only 35 mins away from PTC.

You could check out bodyworld in Balaclava too.

There is nothing that is strength or BB focussed in bayside. Having said that I have seen Ange Gelati training at Fairies First Brighton.