• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
for the barbell curls, could i progress by increasing reps from 3x8 to 3x10 to 3x12 for each workout per week before increasing overall weight rather than increasing weight each workout as they are an isolation exercise and it is generally harder to add weight to them than squats or deadlifts

for the barbell curls, could i progress by increasing reps from 3x8 to 3x10 to 3x12 for each workout per week before increasing overall weight rather than increasing weight each workout as they are an isolation exercise and it is generally harder to add weight to them than squats or deadlifts

Hi there,

I've just completed 7 weeks of the Starting Strength program. My first 7 weeks of any form of Weight lifting in my life. I really enjoyed it but instead of going back to the Starting Strength next Monday i'll be making the move to this program.
I really like the way it has incorporated all the SS lifts into one workout that I can do 3 times a week. I feel I am going to get more results and progress well with this program. Thanks for this!

Hi there,

I've just completed 7 weeks of the Starting Strength program. My first 7 weeks of any form of Weight lifting in my life. I really enjoyed it but instead of going back to the Starting Strength next Monday i'll be making the move to this program.
I really like the way it has incorporated all the SS lifts into one workout that I can do 3 times a week. I feel I am going to get more results and progress well with this program. Thanks for this!

That being said above, I have a few questions;

Is the order the exercises are listed is that the order I should do them - does the order I do them even matter?

and

I plan to do this routine mon / wed / fri - Would doing HIIT running (100m~ sprints + walkback x 5 and some jogging) be a bad thing to do on my off days - tuesday and thursday.

My goal is to gain strength but lose the extra 10-20kg im carrying around - And i've read the best way to shed the kilos and keep the muscle is HIIT training. But considering I am doing squats 3x a week is that and HIIT running twice a week going to fuck my legs -or- be a labor of love?

Thanks a lot

Sam.

That being said above, I have a few questions;

Is the order the exercises are listed is that the order I should do them - does the order I do them even matter?

and

I plan to do this routine mon / wed / fri - Would doing HIIT running (100m~ sprints + walkback x 5 and some jogging) be a bad thing to do on my off days - tuesday and thursday.

My goal is to gain strength but lose the extra 10-20kg im carrying around - And i've read the best way to shed the kilos and keep the muscle is HIIT training. But considering I am doing squats 3x a week is that and HIIT running twice a week going to fuck my legs -or- be a labor of love?

Thanks a lot

Sam.

Thanks a lot

Sam.

You could always try HIIT on your off days for a week or two and see how you feel. Alternatives such as cycling or swimming are still good cardio and are probably less taxing on your muscles than running.

I think if you're doing SS on mon/wed/fri that if you want to incorporate 2 cardio sessions it may be easier to look at doing a tues/sat etc.

Thanks a lot

Sam.

You could always try HIIT on your off days for a week or two and see how you feel. Alternatives such as cycling or swimming are still good cardio and are probably less taxing on your muscles than running.

I think if you're doing SS on mon/wed/fri that if you want to incorporate 2 cardio sessions it may be easier to look at doing a tues/sat etc.

Also, its important to start with barbells squats at the start of your workout because it is the most difficult exercise and you don't want to be fatigued when doing it.

From then on i would recommend to still follow the program as intended because its designed such that certain muscles are resting whilst others are working. ie. you don't want to follow up benching with overhead pressing in a full body program like this one

Also, its important to start with barbells squats at the start of your workout because it is the most difficult exercise and you don't want to be fatigued when doing it.

From then on i would recommend to still follow the program as intended because its designed such that certain muscles are resting whilst others are working. ie. you don't want to follow up benching with overhead pressing in a full body program like this one