• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Arnold S. training 3 to 3 times a day?

nothintoit

Hi all,
I recently watch 'pumping iron' featuring Arnold S. he stated in that documentary that he was training 2 to 3 times a day which would work out to be 5 to 6 hrs a day.
Now no discussion obviously it worked for him, but i mean what's all this talk about you have to give yourself a rest day?
The only reason im asking is because im having some time off work in July, and just want to train lol.
so do others have personal experience in training more than once a day?
Did it work for use?
If anyone has worked out more than once a day, what muscle groups would you do in the one day?

Thanking you in advance for your reply's.

Just give it a go. You will know when you have had enough.

+1

Unless you are superhumanly blessed (or not working your ass off) you will probably find that you will very quickly become overworked, and spend the entire time with very little strength. But until you test the limits of your recovery and energy reserves, you'll never know where they are

Bear in mind a couple of things
Before he got into movies that's all Arnold did , he didn't have other commitments, he didn't work like most others.
He trained, ate and slept.
Besides, I dare say that he exagerated a little on most things that he said.

You should do it. I think your as much a man as arnie, actually train 4 times a day and get even bigger then arnold. Then become the governor of a large state. You can do it.

Give it a go and see how you go, make sure you are getting enough Cal's throughout the day and your getting enough rest/sleep when you're not training. And most importantly listen to your body, I honestly dont believe many amatuers over train they simply don't have their diet in check and don't get enough rest when not training, your body will tell you when you have had enough.

I trained Arnold style back when I started getting serious about lifting. Twice a day, 6 days a week for 4-6hrs per day. I also ate 8 meals a day. Gained 20kg in 18 months doing so... didn't die once!

I trained Arnold style back when I started getting serious about lifting. Twice a day, 6 days a week for 4-6hrs per day. I also ate 8 meals a day. Gained 20kg in 18 months doing so... didn't die once!

Sounds like something I might need to do to put on some weight! Haha

i train 7 days a week sometimes twice a day ,47 days straight atm but in saying that i listen to my body when i need a rest day.advantage is that i train at home makes it a bit easier

Not even ONCE!?!?!?!

Impressive :rolleyes:

When all you really do is eat train sleep, with the addition of an anabolic cocktail, your body can take a pounding. Arnold did some crazy shit (holding a dumbbell out the side of his bed when he woke up in the morning)

I probably would say for the average person, 3x training is too much.

I think anything works if you make it, but really ask yourself this; Will you stick to training 2-3 times a day?

I know I couldn't, especially if I was on holidays. Fuck, I've gone back to 3 times a week because I made more progress doing that than anything else. I looked back over my training logs and realized that above all else, consistency gave me the greatest gains in both muscle and strength.