• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Anytime fitness

Curious as well.

Do they stock racks? how are the free weights?

I remember someone on here talked about using them before... or maybe it was jetts.

heres a thought?

call them

ask them what they have

ask them if you can take your chalk

ask them if you can grunt while you deadlift and squat

ask them if you can vomit in the bin because you wont make it to the bathroom

just fucking call them.

Power racks = yes
Up to 50kg dumbbells
You can grunt while deadlifting but no shitting yourself when squatting
No chalk
No dropping weights

heres a thought?

call them

ask them what they have

ask them if you can take your chalk

ask them if you can grunt while you deadlift and squat

ask them if you can vomit in the bin because you wont make it to the bathroom

just fucking call them.
Here's another thought.
How the fuck are you suppose to get other peoples opinions.
It's a fucking forum where people share experiences and ideas.

Can't do that by calling them CAN YOU?

I guarantee that every question he might have wanted to ask, the person at the front desk could have answered for him.

Some of the threads on here are fucking pointless Shrek.

I still enjoy browsing the forum but seriously, all it takes is a little common sense.

Yeah he can ring them, but sometimes another perspective is good.

How about I delete any thread that asks a question? LMAO. :)

How about he just fucking goes down there to see what its like for him self.

This is fucking stupid Shrek. and pointless. and i wish you would delete stupid threads.

jchen here's another example for you.

Say I walk into a Ford dealership and ask what their new FPV vehicle is like. The salesman will then talk out of his arse saying it's a great car, with this and that and whatever.

But say I ask someone on a forum who has driven/owns that new FPV vehicle what he thinks of it. His answer will then be from a different perspective because he is driving it every day and will be able to tell you more of the pros and cons of the car and wont have any need to talk out of his arse to sell you the car.

Same goes for gym, it's about information you get from word of mouth. The more people you ask about something the more information you have and the easier it will be to make up your mind about whether you should join or not.

Not if you went down there , like i said to do.

The he would be 'driving' the gym .. Nice post though!

Here's something else to think about.

When you sign up you get a key that gives you access to any anytime gym.

I go 2 two different ones. One has a squat rack, a cage and dumbells up to 65kg, you can grunt all you want and lots of guys use chalk. The other one has a squat rack (albeit not a great one) no cage but dumbells up to about 60kg and no ones cares if you grunt or use chalk.

I think they are all different and you should prob go check out the one that you are looking joining but of course they are always going to tell you how great they are and not tell you the bad points.

The one near my house opens in 2 weeks, I went and had a chat to him and they will be having 2 x 8ft Hammer Strength power racks, 3 x Oly bars with plenty of weight plates, DB's up to 50kg and a heavy duty Leg press.

Also will be having a Plate Loaded chest press/lat pull down (hammer strength) and plenty of pin loaded machines and 1 x dual adjustable pulley and another cable crossover multi jungle also by hammer strenghth.

I can do most of my work out in the Power Rack and with the DB's and all the assistance stuff on the machines.

So being 24/7 and cheaper then my current gym i think i will be giving it a go. It works out to be 13 bucks cheaper a month then my current gym, and with shift work having the option of going to the gym anytime is a real bonus.

The only downside no more tyre flipping and kettlebell swings (can use a DB so not too worried)