• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

About weight loss/Gaining muscle.

Shaunnyy

Hey guys,

I'm new here and was just wondering if i could get some questions answered and some tips on a few things.

I'm currently in the middle of losing weight, i was 116.4 kgs 9 days ago, currently 111.8 kgs now.

I'm 6 ft 2.

I'm just wondering, I've got set out how im losing weight, but i was thinking of joining a gym aswell.

I heard High rep and low weights helps burning fat and helps gain muscle simultaneously ?

Is this true?

Should i go to the gym and do that aswell or should i lose the fat first then hit the gym after to gain muscle?

Thanks.

Would take a book or two to fully answer and explain all that you ask.:D

In short join a gym and start lifting.

Then learn as you go, a lot of info here, you need to find what works for you and your goals.

Adding weights to your weight loss program will boost your fat burning and build some amount of muscle. To what rep range/weight to use I have no idea, my advice is pick a rep range, stick to it and progress slowly ( adding weight and/or reps ). Best of luck buddy

I heard High rep and low weights helps burning fat and helps gain muscle simultaneously ?

Have you ever lifted weights before? If not, you are in the enviable position of being able to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time.

Don't do high rep / low weight stuff however, just do one of the many fine beginners programs out there, such as this:
http://ausbb.com/power-lifting-strength-training/9460-beginners-program.html

If you have lifted before, the opposite approach of low rep / heavy weight (aka high intensity) lifting will help you hold onto your muscle mass while cutting fat.

Hey guys,

I'm new here and was just wondering if i could get some questions answered and some tips on a few things.

I'm currently in the middle of losing weight, i was 116.4 kgs 9 days ago, currently 111.8 kgs now.

I'm 6 ft 2.

I'm just wondering, I've got set out how im losing weight, but i was thinking of joining a gym aswell.

Is this true?

Should i go to the gym and do that aswell or should i lose the fat first then hit the gym after to gain muscle?

Thanks.

Think about this.
The weight you have lost would most likely be 50/50 fat and muscle tissue.

The biggest muscles of the body are; buttocks and thigh, followed closely by the back..

Get into lifting.

Have you ever lifted weights before? If not, you are in the enviable position of being able to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time.

Don't do high rep / low weight stuff however, just do one of the many fine beginners programs out there, such as this:
http://ausbb.com/power-lifting-strength-training/9460-beginners-program.html

If you have lifted before, the opposite approach of low rep / heavy weight (aka high intensity) lifting will help you hold onto your muscle mass while cutting fat.

I used to hit the gym 3-4 years ago, i haven't since, im just trying to lose fat/gain muscle, but not sure if i should lose it all first then go afterwards, or do both at the same time.

I found it easier to focus on fat loss the first time I did it... But I did it like a lunatic, I dieted on 700-900calories for 4-5 months (very hard mentally and unnecessary, do not do this).

Cliffs

Full body workout for 3 months

Increase work load/weight every session

Eat slight calorie deficit for 3 months

I think you may be talking about the old high reps for toning low reps for building myth? It's total bullshit a muscle either gets bigger or smaller toning comes from fatloss exposing the definition of the muscle also high reps will target your type 1 muscle fibres (slow twitch) which have very little growth potential the normal bb rep range of 6-12 will target your type 2b (fast twitch) fibres mainly and thus more growth so I'd stick to that, as for fatloss either do some cardio on your off days or after your weight sessions or both, hiit cardio will be the fastest method for fatloss but it's pretty draining physically and mentally maybe stick to low intensity plus a few weight sessions per week, definitely go to the gym unless you like the scrawny sucked the fuck up look it'll help maintain your muscle mass while dieting don't expect much gains though if any while in a caloric deficit. Hope this helps