• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

21's

I like doing 21's in preacher curls for a few workouts to up the intensity.* 21's are where you do*7 partial reps at the top, 7 partial reps in the bottom, and then finish with 7 full reps. All in one set.* You'll get one heck of a pump that will feel like your arms are going to explode if done properly.* After you feel like your arms are going to explode, why would you need to do another set?* I like to use a straight bar for preacher curls. The angle not super steep.* I don't like dumbbell preachers and I don't like the easy curl bar for them either.* Your reps need to be smooth and without acceleration at either the top or bottom. No bouncing either. Smooth and controlled reps are the ticket.* Try a set or two of preacher curls. Try 21's.* But, be ready to see some biceps improvement*provided you are doing some major pressing and pulling as part of your workouts.
Posted via Mobile Device

This reminds me of when I used to train at this commerical gym and on a friday night all the mad dudes would come in, with there jeans on and going out clothes and pump up before hitting the town LOL - used to be little groups of them.

21's are great, i usally do them at the end of a arm sess, with alighter weight.

you know you've had a arm workout after doing 21's.

Thanks for that, I was watching Ronnie Colemans dvd cant rmemeber what one and he was doing this i was thinking wtf is he doing... Now i know.

I need to start working on my arms more i havent stayed away from it purposley just felt a bit gay doing curls when i could be doing push press or cgbp.

However my thoughts have changed as biceps injurys can result form deadlifts time to complete the package and get some guns...

Haven't done those in ages, might re-introduce them for a few weeks, could always do with some different stimulation in the old shirt muscles. :)

Last edited:
Another good pump exercise to run the rack..

you start at what ever is the lowest weight, do 3 reps, and then grab teh next weight , 3 reps , next weight etc, when you get to fail, you go backwards, for 3 reps, by the tim eyou are doing 5kg and struggling to do 3 reps getting alsorts of whats wrong with him looks, you will definelty have a pump.

Definately will trigger some good development.
Don't think it's something you would do week in week out, great for a change-up.

Try them and find out for yourself.

This reminds me of when I used to train at this commerical gym and on a friday night all the mad dudes would come in, with there jeans on and going out clothes and pump up before hitting the town LOL - used to be little groups of them.

just saw this on your fb page joel,

[YOUTUBE]oVcIxROx5lc[/YOUTUBE]