• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Morning all,
Fairly new to the game, started training for triathlons over the past year and lost 18kg (of fat) fairly fit and healthy now (Ran the Gold Coast Half Marathon couple weeks ago) but now wanting to put on some muscle.
With some advice from the local ASN store (Mermaid Beath) I now have more money invested into supplements then I spent on my last holiday, so this better bloody work haha

Have a basic home gym with Force power cage + Cable attachment, Oly bar and 140kg bumpers, FID Bench, 1-20kg Dumbbells, Med balls, Spin Bike, Rowing Machine, (although I enjoy doing cardio outdoors)

Height: 173cm
Weight: 70kg

Look forward to chatting with everyone :)
Hi Pete!
Grats on the half marathon and fat loss.

Can i ask what supplements you were advised to use exactly?

Tim.

Hi Pete!
Grats on the half marathon and fat loss.

Can i ask what supplements you were advised to use exactly?

Tim.

Surely can Tim,

Internation - Superior Whey
Internation - Extreme Carbs
Nubreed - Devour
Nubreed - HelixBCAA
LN - Crank prototype 2
Evolve - Creatine

The gent at ASN was very nice and seemed quite knowledgeable (was a pretty big guy, so must have some idea what his doing haha) I was quite happy to follow his advice.

Name: Sim
Training experience: 15 years, few powerlifting comps
Weight: 74.6kg
Total: 537.5kg

Name: Sim
Training experience: 15 years, few powerlifting comps
Weight: 74.6kg
Total: 537.5kg

af27655cd3cde1ef840fcd27a063cfa8.gif

Been lurking on here for a while now reading old and new posts, decided it was about time I stopped looking through the window and walked through the door and said hi.

Name - Rob
Age - wrong side of 40
Gender - Male
Location - Melbourne
Height - 1.72
Weight - current 81kg
Training Background - Started lifting wights with my dad as a young skinny 16 year. Spent my teens and 20's doing the typical bodybuilding split just to put on some size and gain some strength. Moved to Australia in 2005 from the UK weighing 93kg looking OK but stopped training, no idea why, life just kind of got in the way. Hit 36 and realised I had lost a fair bit of muscle and gained some fat was 87kg but didn't look good. I needed to do something and started running. Over the last 6 years have been running fairly consistently and done a few half marathons and shorter fun runs like the Puffing billy train race. At the start of this year It dawned on me that even though I was fit I was no longer strong and had lost a lot of my size. It was time to get some balance and cut back the running and start back on the weights. I got back in the gym in April this year weighing 73kg's and have been following the full body beginner routine that I found on here 2 days a week. Literally started with a bar and just added 2.5kg a side each week and when it got too heavy just added 1.25kg each side. Body weight is back up to 81kg and strength is coming back slowly. i still run 2-3 days a week to maintain some fitness but the focus at the moment is on slowly getting stronger.
Goals - Right now I am just trying to make sure I dont become a 'fat dad ', by fat I am not referring to weight or body fat% but more to a state of mind, I want to keep being that dad who can do things, run with his kids, pick them up and throw them about, lift things, build things, be a dad that CAN. I am sure you get the idea.

Been lurking on here for a while now reading old and new posts, decided it was about time I stopped looking through the window and walked through the door and said hi.

Name - Rob
Age - wrong side of 40
Gender - Male
Location - Melbourne
Height - 1.72
Weight - current 81kg
Training Background - Started lifting wights with my dad as a young skinny 16 year. Spent my teens and 20's doing the typical bodybuilding split just to put on some size and gain some strength. Moved to Australia in 2005 from the UK weighing 93kg looking OK but stopped training, no idea why, life just kind of got in the way. Hit 36 and realised I had lost a fair bit of muscle and gained some fat was 87kg but didn't look good. I needed to do something and started running. Over the last 6 years have been running fairly consistently and done a few half marathons and shorter fun runs like the Puffing billy train race. At the start of this year It dawned on me that even though I was fit I was no longer strong and had lost a lot of my size. It was time to get some balance and cut back the running and start back on the weights. I got back in the gym in April this year weighing 73kg's and have been following the full body beginner routine that I found on here 2 days a week. Literally started with a bar and just added 2.5kg a side each week and when it got too heavy just added 1.25kg each side. Body weight is back up to 81kg and strength is coming back slowly. i still run 2-3 days a week to maintain some fitness but the focus at the moment is on slowly getting stronger.
Goals - Right now I am just trying to make sure I dont become a 'fat dad ', by fat I am not referring to weight or body fat% but more to a state of mind, I want to keep being that dad who can do things, run with his kids, pick them up and throw them about, lift things, build things, be a dad that CAN. I am sure you get the idea.
Welcome mate.

Hello all just joined up and saying gday I've been on steroidoligy for a while and thought id give this place a looksee
Stats
M
78kg
5`11
From South coast nsw
Good to be here