• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
-Kwey
-M
-90kg and around ~10-12%bf, 184 cm, rather slim but not exactly muscular.
-goal: definition, more muscle, just need to drop fat a bit, but not alot. Consider myself quite serious but just starting out from basically nothing. Been at the gym for a while, got a good diet and everything sorted now. Learned alot of things. Want to maybe be a boxer or kickboxer in the future, but for now getting into shape. Gained 1 kg/month of muscle for the last 6 months, which shows both determination and how low my starting muscle was, hoping to try and get the rate of muscle growth to continue over the coming 6 months, but I know that will require alot more work, but I consider my diet and training as both constantly improving so I hope I can meet that goal.

- likes: kittens, UFC, slipknot, perfecting my body, dressing like a pedophile, complaining about how cool things were back in the day and how gay everything has turned. :|

Last edited:
Gday! Time to introduce myself eh

Name - Tim
Age - 27
Gender - M
183cm, 82kg. Was 90kg only at xmas...decided was time to drop it. was 23%BF, 20 now...lifts have all gone up in this time...
Goals: Get stronger, and continue getting stronger! BF down to 15% (not overly bothered just yet)
Location -Sydney
Training experience (if you have any that is)
Started trainging in 09...with absolutley no real idea.
was on and off throughout 09/10...got demotivated a couple if times(whatevs) Spent a few months late last year researching everything properly, nutrition etc...been smashing it since new year!
Any Interests - My wife!, fishing, cars. :)
I'm here to learn as much as friggin possible about everything and anything!
Currently using Wendler's 5/3/1. I like.

Current lifts: Not tested 1rm's for a while...
Bench: 6 x 80kg.
Deadlift: 175kg.
Squat: 120kg
OHP: 2 x 57.5kg

Last edited:
Hey there,

Name Mick
- Age 27
- Gender Male
- Location Syd
- been training for 5 years resitance / bodybuilding, recently started strenght training / power lifting to reach some new goals, and also add some mass.
- Any Interests all rugby,

joined to get advice on all aspects of training.

current body weight 85kgs, benching 107, squat 110, press, 60, dead lift 160, these are current results only started training for strenght/size approx 9 weeks ago, so still adding weight to all lifts allmost every session. put on approx 2.5kgs in that time

would like to improve all round stregth, press is quite weak i feel. looking to get to around 90kg over winter then cut back a little / alter training to be fit at ??? what ever weaight i feel/look good at ha...

Hey guys,
Andrew here.
Male, 19 yrs, 178cm tall, 73kg.
Been on/off gym for the last 3 years with my longest stretch lasting about 8 months. Recently stopped going about 2 months ago when Uni started up again and got a job.

Trying to get back into lifting and some training but its hard to find a gym locally (Dont have access to a car except for rare occasions when parents dont need them) that is open at convenient times. And with Uni 5 days a week and then working saturdays and studying sundays it just saps time. So im looking at getting some home equipment. Hopefully everything works out for me :)

Someone better say hi to me because i'm damned awesome and i deserve it.

EDIT: WHAT IS WRONG WITH TYPING IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. :(

Key - prove your awesomeness?

--------
I'm John, 32, 178cm and weigh about 83Kg. Used to be a fat fuck weighing over 115Kg. Lost weight and eventually started strength training. Currently doing 5/3/1. Workout at home, with only my iPod keeping me company. Neighbours love workout time :D

- Paul
- 50 yo (old bastard)
- Bloke
- Sydney
- Started in high school training in Geelong and then life took over. Resumed at 114kgs around 3 years ago and now at 82kgs....fitter and healthier than ever. Train at home with free weights 3 days per week ( upper / lower split A,B,A,B etc) and run 2 days per week currently. Pretty lean at the moment.
- Interests is my training, my family and my motorcycle
- Joined mainly because when you train at home it is nice to get new ideas and perspective from others that enjoy their training.
- Main goal is to gradually gain muscle weight over time. I know at my age this is not easy however I have plenty of time ( ha ha)

Cheers

Paul

Hey guys!
Been lurking for a while, Thought i would introduce myself, Start a log and hopfully get some criticisms on my diet/workout.

- Name - Aaron
- Age - 20
- Gender - M
- Location - Warrnambool (VIC)
- Training experience (if you have any that is) - None, That's why I'm here!
- Any Interests - Boxing, 4WD'ing, Odd game of Xbox
- Goals - Currently 98kg and wanting to cut it down to 85kg.

Hey there, better introduce myself,

Name: Michael
Training experience: Started weight training when I was 18 and did that for 3 years. Have come back 19 years later to give it another shot.
Any Interests: Karate, weight training/bodybuilding, sports nutrition, & watching Martin Scorsese films.

Have joined Ausbb to learn more about nutrition and bodybuilding. I am currently 6 ft and weigh 109kg. Would like to get down to 98 kg. My goal is to maintain/increase muscle and reduce bodyfat. I was 122 kg in November 2010 so I am slowly getting there. I would appreciate any advice, especially with diet! And if I can help others, then that would be super as well.

Cheers, Michael.

Name - Dan
Age - 21
Gender - Male
Location - Perth, WA
Training experience - 4 years training, focusing on powerlifting/bodybuilding
Any Interests - Training, Nutrition, Entrepeneurship, Basketball, Poker
Occupation - Final year Chemical Engineering student, business owner
Qualifications - Cert 3&4 in Fitness
Height - 6'1"
Weight - 80kg

Deadlift: 165x3
Squat: 120x1
Bench: 100x2

Under 10% bf, was 90kg 8 months ago.

Want to be absolutely ripped! like greg plitt/rob riches/scott herman

Came accross ausbb.com while surfing for protein icecream rescipies :D

Name - Mitch
Age - 27
Gender - Male
Location - Sydney
Training experience - About 8 years training
Any Interests - Training, Gaining both Size and Strength, overall health and flexibility
Occupation - IT Administrator
Height - 6'2"
Weight - 107kg

Greetings to all -I started out 8 years ago as a 65kg kid just wanting to get to 70kg.....hahaha...These days Pretty much just trying to gain, not heaps of fat, but not just lean muscle - somewhere in between :) aiming for a short term 110kg then onwards to 115 possibly 120, depends how my body reacts, I refuse to jump on any type of Needle to increase anything, I feel I can put the required effort in through Training and Diet alone - and so the journey continues :)

Last edited:
Name- Snazzy!
Age - 29
Gender - Female
Location - Tasmania
Training experience - About 10 years gym experience
Any Interests - Competing in figure this year for the first time
Occupation - Sales, but hold cert 3 & 4 fitness/personal training, from previous career
Height - 5'8'
Weight - 75kg

Thought I would just stop by and introduce myself, so- Hi!!

Name : Chris
- Job : Oil & Gas Desk Jockey
- Training experience : 12 months crossfit and olympic lifting. Prior experience was nil, so Im still very much a beginner in all types of lifts!
- Any Interests : Paleo Nutrition

Height: 175cm
Weight: 95kg

Goals:
- get strong
- get lean
- have fun
- get into the community, hopefully get to meet and train with some knowledgable folks from here

Just arived in Perth from Scotland 10 days ago. Will be moving into a rental property in a few weeks, so would like to get a Power rack and olympic bumper plates for power lifting and oly lifting at home. The commercial muscle motion one seems to be a popular choice, looks like I should get in touch with the hulk!

Would like to find an oly coach around to train with every so often so if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be grand.

Cheers
Chris

Name- Quadsess (princess with quads! :p)
Age - 23
Gender - Female
Location - Brisbane, QLD
Training experience - Brand new! Started heavy lifting for the first time less than 3 months ago
Any Interests - Power lifting
Height - super tall 5"2
Weight - 60kg

Current 1RM's:
Bench - 60kg / Squat - 80kg / Deadlift - 105kg

Goal 1RM's (For Busta Nut comp by Sticky at PTC - in June):
Bench - 70kg / Squat - 95kg / Deadlift - 125kg
(have to aim high! :))

Started up with @sticky at PTC Brisbane and absolutely loving it - hoping to work hard towards pulling off some impressive numbers and competing!

Hi all! :D

Last edited: