• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Hey Guys and Girls thoght it about time I intro Myself, Below are a few stats, not real impressive but hoping to change that.

Name: Damian

Qualifications: Carpenter/joiner trade qualification, Cert 4 in building studies

Training Experiences: 4 years on and off, mostly off, but back on the horse now and enjoying it.

Any Interests: Motorbikes, snowboarding, photography and gym

Training: 179cm 95kg. Have only been going to the gym seriously for a few weeks now 3 days weights training 2 days Cardio. Im enjoying the time to myself but also feeling a lot healthier.

A Bit about Me: I have battled weight my entire life due to a condition called schuapmans syndrome which causes underactive thyroids and in turn a slow metablosim. I find it hard to lose weight and also keep any real muscle tone. because of this I often get frustrated with a lack of progres when training. I have always looked at training as a means to an end, to either lose a certain amount of weight or gain some size, but this time I have changed my view and am looking it as a lifestyle change, I have no really clear goals except I would like to lessen my body fat percentage but have not set myself a deadline as I have found this only leads to frustration.

any advice as per training and nutrition for someone in my position as a novice in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Damian

Name: Scottie

Occupation
: Primary School Teacher
Training Experiences: Been trying for about 6 years, have done boxing, bike riding, weight training, circuit, various class', swimming, walking, running, and l would like to take up rock climbing.

Any Interests
: I love to play guitar, l love my rock music, King's X, Toto, Foo Fighters, Daughtry, Nickelback, Live, Dishwalla etc etc.

I enjoying watching The Shield, The Unit, Seinfeld, Better Off Ted, Scrubs, How I Met Your Mother, Two and A Half Men, Flashpoint, etc etc

And much much more........

that was trippy seeing the heading, i was like "wtf" attention. thanks for the welcome admin.

Last edited:
- Name - brian
- Age - 24- Gender - M
- Location - melbourne- Training experience (if you have any that is) - been training since i was 16, but only on and off. serious training for a year here and there and now training again more serious then ever - Any Interests - training, movies, my kids, video games, cars, my stupid bird cliffro

Name: Trev

Occupation
: Finance

Training Experiences: Played rugby for about 20 years and retired about 8 years ago then basically just ate pies, drank beer and sat on my butt for the next 7 years.

I have been training under the direction of Matty from Biologic Labs in Brisbane for a bit over 12 months and after some initial success found myself reverting to old patterns.

It's very much a power-lifting style of training which I really enjoy, and Matty devises the training and dietary programs with me.

Current best 1RM lifts: SQ - 145kg, DL - 240kg, BP - 140kg

Goals
: I'm currently 132kg /34% fat and my goal is to be 115kg / 15%. I enjoy being big and strong but need to get a lot leaner as a priority. To help stay focused and to put the training into practice I intend to compete in novice power-lifting events in June and November this year.

My reason for joining the forum is to maintain an on-line journal for some accountability to my-self, and to participate in general discussion.

Last edited:
Hey im Adzz
Im 16 from Sydney and am here for general tips and guidance through my "journey" lol!

When i was 14 i lost around 30 kgs and have recently decided that being skinny just is'nt enough and i want to have what every guys wants! Abs and a generally all over good body! (not into the painfull body builder look though).

Interests right now are *Learning to drive *Working towards a body that gives me self confidence & generally being happy. Glad to be on the team :)

Hey yo, Chedder Bob here,

Me --> Male , 20 from brisbane ...

Basicaly just joined to read up on info and advice that others post

Enjoy my dieting and gym work, aiming for that beach body (almost there ) then just stay lean and cut and build up those muscles.

Cheers

Hi, I joined up a long time ago, but never really hung around. But im back now.

Stats: no idea, prolly around 80kilo mark or more, 175cms, lifting for 4years maybe more?

Routine: Bill starr 5x5, once exhausted onto advanced routine
current lifts continually increasing: DEEP PROPER squats, 170kgx5
Bench: 120kgx5 (I peaked at 130, building back up) Deadlifts: 185kgx5 (Peaked at 210 with a belt, but staying raw for aslong as possible)
Cals: 4500, 30% protein, 70% fat, 0% carbs (week end carbups)
Goals: as much strength as possible while eating as much as possible and watching the fat gains. Size should come with strenght. Aiming to bench 140kg x 5, Squat 185kgx5 raw and deep and Deadlift 210x5 raw

Last edited: