• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Gday Andrew and welcome aboard. I know what it feels like to post tiny weights (they still are! see diary in my sig).
Dont worry about what anyone else is thinking, they had to start somewhere too and I bet most of them wish they had the advice we have been given by this stage.

Very impressive weight loss, that must of taken some seroius effort!

Monkeyman

Hi all, better late than never. this is my back ground:-
Age 60y/o, started lifting 11months ago, heaviest lift before that :- double 1/4 pounder at drive through.
sport in teens + 20's :- rowing, football, sprinting. Nothing much since.
Lifts in feb 09 @ 1.8m, + 120kg:-
Feb 09 DEc 09 @ 105kg
SQ 40kg 150 kg
Bench 30kg 92.5 k
Cln 30kg 65 kg
O/H 30kg 65 kg
Dead 50 kg 190 kg
Total 180kg 562.5 kg

Joined PTC On advice of friend to lose weight and get fit. I have started to achieve both but much more than that :- Ive proved that you can teach an old dog new tricks and your not dead until they nail the lid down.
Well meaning medico's + older friends told me such weights would ensure an early trip to the mortician - - or at least a heart attack. Well there's no sign of that and I'm competing at AD10. There's not much competition in the 'gerryatric class' so I may be in with a chance, lol.
My intuition tells me that I've made the right decisions :- to live longer, increase fitness + strength, increase bone density, improve mental alertness, increase positive thinking.
Why do I do it? Because I can -- and I will till I can't!
Tanks to PTC for setting me straight from the start and to M+M for making sure I didn't get away with anything.
Cheers James.

Howdy *tips hat*

Name: Ghosty
Training experience (if you have any that is): Novice
Any Interests: Check my profile

Interesting that Ghosty classes himself as a novice

bench 100kg
squat 140kg
deadlift 160kg

Bodyweight 60kg

I suppose he has 20kg to go on his deadlift, which will be triple bodyweight lol

Name: Nick

Training Experiences: Not really, just did dumbbells for a couple of months (forearms and biceps), quit for a couple of months and wanting to get back into it but hoping to go much further.

Interests: Soccer, cars, computer.

I joined ausbb because i find that its a great site and will help me achieve my goals.

Goals: Increase fitness, loose fat and gain muscle at the moment.

Are you looking to start training? Yes with more knowledge and a good diet that will help me loose fat, gain muscle and increase strength.

Name: CMinOZ

Training Experiences: 3yrs + in this time I have gone from 113kg and 40%+ bf to 108 and 12%. My main compund lifts are:

Squat - 220kg
Bench - 160kg
Deadlift - 260kg

I joined ausbb because I want to contribute to an Australian site rather than an American or Pommie one.

Goals: to Compete in 2011 and to hit 700kg total on compounds

Name
: Zac

Interests: Active interests: Athletics, AFL, Basketball and driving.
Sit on ass interests UFC, good TV or movies. Food will prob become part of both this year too!

Goals:
Rotor cuff injury atm, so focus is healing and then starting some proper weight training - only mucked about last couple months.
Maintain 5km 20 min
2010 Lifts:
Bench 100
Deadlift 170
Squats; Well i haven't a lot of experience yet, doing 145kg step ups atm. Would like to able to squat 150kg for reps
Ideally i should get into olly lifts, cj's and some kettlebell work too - turkish get ups etc for a core of steel.

Current Weight: 92kg

Height: 6'2 so about 188cm

Progress
Only new to weighlifting but deadlift is up to 115*5, Barbell Step ups 145 3*7, Military press was at 35 and bench 60 but that was with a rotor cuff injury slowing any progress. Obviously hoping to blitz those in coming months!

Hey guys,

UKJay
29, Male
Expat moving back to Oz in a couple of months
182cm, 80kg

Been in the UK a few years and finally coming home, looking for a decent local forum to learn from. Doing weights on and off for a while, nothing serious though. Main claim to fame is being able to work out in gym that Andy Bolton goes to.

Hey guys,

UKJay
29, Male
Expat moving back to Oz in a couple of months
182cm, 80kg

Been in the UK a few years and finally coming home, looking for a decent local forum to learn from. Doing weights on and off for a while, nothing serious though. Main claim to fame is being able to work out in gym that Andy Bolton goes to.

wow same gym as Andy Bolton - that would of been sick! - spoken to him a few times and he is a great dude.

Where abouts you moving to?

Hey guys,
Names Dylan, 18, 85 kgs.
Live in Mandurah, Wa
Been going to the gym constantly the last 3 months.
Member or the Royal Australian Navy.

- Name Libby
- Age 32
- Gender Female
Body Stats: 177cm tall, 71kg

- Location Melbourne
- Training experience (if you have any that is) Was training regularly at about age 21 - 23, then stopped (no real reason, just one of those things). Have been back in the gym seriously now for 3 months, and I have made a committment to stick with it this time. It is now a part of my life for the rest of my life, I don't want to get fat and out of shape as I get older.
- Any Interests I'm a full time mum except for working one day a week in a real estate office. I am interested in becoming a personal trainer as I have always been interested in health and fitness and I like the idea of running my own PT business, being my own boss :)

Last edited:
Name: Jason

Occupation
: Sports Therapist

Qualifications: BSc in Sports Therapy, Cert III & IV in Fitness, soon to have level 1 in strength & conditioning coaching and maybe level 2 after that

Training Experiences
: 5 years which 3 of them were on/off years, now i combine footy and gym

Any Interests
: AFL, NRL, cricket, baseball, there the main sports i like but will watch/follow anything, health & fitness (learning from the top gurus and reading their blogs and other information sources, no bs fads), all when i got time ps3

Training: 80kg, 181cm

havent done 1RM but these are my max so far all for 5x8

Bench 100kg
squat 150kg
deadlifts 130kg