• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Name, Heath.
Age, 38.
Gender, M.
Location, Syd.
Occ, p/t Removalist.
Training exp, on and off for over 20 years. Been back into training for last 5 mths.
Interests, Fitness, music,poker.
Goals, To stick with my training for at least the next 12 mths.

Came across the community whilst researching new supplements and liked the idea of a group of Aussies with similar goals.

Hi ya all newcomers , hope you enjoy your stay here at Ausbb - Australian Bodybuilding
have a look around , kick the shoes off and relax for a bit

Name: Scott

Past Professions: Scaffolder

Training Experiences: Zero

Current Weight: 100kg

Height: 183cm

Goals: Lose roughly 10kgs (maybe more, not sure), build strength, mainly in upper body.

Basically I am overweight, and it shows. I have read some of the beginners programs on here, and of late, I have been doing some light exercises and cardio workouts to prepare myself for the gym. I am a complete novice when it comes to weight training.

I have only just seen Kyles starting point for being prepared to start at the gym, and surprisingly, can already do all of the exercises, 20 or more, and can run for a reasonable amount of time / distance, however not to the 6km in under 45 minutes. Having said that I am not far off, and have lost 7 kgs in around 6 - 7 weeks.

I have acheived this by taking up cycling and eating a lot better than I was previously.

I currently have a bench, a barbell, with 100kgs of weights at home, and am not particulary sure on where to start off. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, as I'm not sure that one of the programs as listed in "Beginners; look here" would be suitable.

---------------

I should probably mention that I have been using the weights, but I feel that I am just sort of bumbling through the programs, without any real knowledge on what to do when, and for how many sets etc..

Last edited:
Name: Liam

Training experience: Nil

Height: 174cm (5ft 8inches)

Weight: 67.5kgs (149 pounds)

Any interests: I play football (soccer) for a local club over here in Perth and have been playing indoor beach volleyball for about 2 years socially. Just started getting competitive in football so am looking at building up my strength and burst capabilities. I'm finding that I can run a full game and then some without being overly tired but would love to be able to be quicker than I already am. After a bit of research (and testing on the weights) turns out I'm going to need to build up my strength to see some more gains.

Why I joined AusBB: Well I was put on to a few sites about a month or so ago by my brother-in-law as he has been into lifting on a casual basis for years. After a bit of a chat with him about nutrition I thought I'd do my own investigation into what would suit me in terms of strength training to compliment my goals. Like every other guy I want to be cut and have a sweet set of abs to impres the ladies :p but overall, I'd love to be able to further my sporting abilities.

I've been reading a lot through the articles and I look forward to chatting with you all :)

Last edited:
Name: Ashley

Horticulturist/Gardener

Training experience:
Some experience as a teenager, just recently bought a power rack, bench, weights etc. So just begining to get back into weights, easing my self back into it the last 4 weeks.

Any Interests:
AFL, Football(soccer), Surfing

Height:
176cm

Weight:
102kg(was 110kg few months ago, im aiming at getting down to atleast 85-90kgs)

I joined Ausbb as it looks to be one of the best bodybuilding forums going around.

My long term goals are to continue to lose weight, but also to achieve a lean muscular figure :cool:

Welcome guys, this is a great forum.

not particulary sure on where to start off. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, as I'm not sure that one of the programs as listed in "Beginners; look here" would be suitable.

Any reason why you dont think any of those programs would be suitable?
As I have recently learnt, doing full body compound exercises 3 times a week moves the most amount of muscle in the shortest amount of time, leaving you with more time to enjoy your life:)

Just concerned with my level of ability more than anything. SHould I start off with something like Starting Strength? And is the book something I should be looking at getting, or just following the online version?

- Name - Fobzy obviously? :D
- Age - 24
- Gender - male
- Location - sydney
- Training experience - 3 years or so
- Any Interests - long walks on the beach

Joined up cause Im sick of reading roid munching american forums. they all seem to be full of superhumans so its good to see some more normal stuff being posted

Name: Paul
Training Experiences: Have played around with weights over the years with no focus until this year.
Interests: Lifting weights, watching MMA
Current weight: 95kg
Height: 180

Have been weightlifting for 12 months. Started on stronglifts then switched to Starting Strength and just changed over to the Texas Method.

Squat: 5x5x120kg
Deadlift: 1x5x170kg
Bench: 5x5x85kg
Press: 5x5x60kg

Just concerned with my level of ability more than anything. SHould I start off with something like Starting Strength? And is the book something I should be looking at getting, or just following the online version?

Hey mate, welcome to the forum.

PTC and Fadi know what they are talking about so I would definitely strongly consider one of the programs they've listed in the beginners look here thread.

When you say you're worried about your ability are you talking about your form on new exercises?
If so, then investing in a trainer might be a good idea, although if you're going to join a gym then you may not need a trainer as the staff will most likely give you some help for free once you're a member. They might not spend a great deal of time with you, but one would hope they would at least give you feedback on your form (If not then time to find a new gym!).

Best of luck!

Name: Jeremy
Occupation: part time cab driver (no precious calories needed job)
Training Experiences: 1 year of mostly heavy compound lifts
Interests: Weight lifting, IT, cars, speedboats, motorbikes
Current weight: 95kg
Height: 175
Goal: To be bloody strong and to look like im bloody strong and to feel like im bloody strong

- Name - Ben
- Age - 24
- Gender - Male
- Location - Adelaide
- Training experience - before i started serious work outs, nothing.
- Any Interests - watching tv, movies and playing games.
- Occupation - Recepionist
- Height - 180cm
- Weight - 60kg

- why you joined Ausbb - Im australian and interested in getting stronger. I'd be silly NOT to be a member here :p

- Do you have any goals in mind? - I hope to be strong enough to lift a 100kg chick (i know, just saying as a maximum) from the floor and up into my arms without struggling, ripped enough that my arms and chest look "clearly defined" and as a result, to just increase my self esteem and happiness with myself.

name justin
age 23
gender male
location logan qld
occupation spray painter
experience been lifhting for 2 months inconsistently time to get serious
weight 82 kg
goals to bulk all year and get as strong a s possible going to try ptc program modified a little
interests v8s pumping iron golf good times

- Name: James
- Training experience: Started lifting seriously 3 months ago during which i have lost 15kgs and upped all my lifts.
- Any Interests: Girlfriend Bron, my VX SS 6spd, Lifting heavy shit off the ground.

Here is my progress from 3 months until just before xmas:

Bench - 70kg (Barbell) now 90kg (Dumbbells) 3x8 Up 20kg
Inc Bench - 60kg now 87.5kg 3x8 up 27.5kg
Military Press - 30kg now 45kg (Dumbbells) 3x10 up 15kg
Squat - 60kg now 80kg 3x10 up 20kg
Shrugs - 60kg now 100kg up 40kg
Deadlifts - 90kg now 120x8 165x1 up 30kg

Have dropped 15kg of mostly fat im guessing and looking at dropping another 10-15kg. After this i will focus more on getting strong and big :)

Hello !
I am also a new member. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guy !

Name: andrew

Training Experiences: Started weight training and eating properly Mar 2009 went solid for 4mths, then in sporadic bursts till now (lost focus when job then business and finally marraige all went to the sh1tter 2008-2009). But found this site, and specifically PTCs post on manning up, and it was a wake up, and has given me the purpose and focus for 2010 i needed.

Interests: kids, the design of anything, riding triumph motorcycle, getting back into fitness, ongoing study (masters)

Current Weight: 87.5kg. (down from 117kg Oct2006, but up from 80kg Jan 2009)

Height: 180cm

Goals: Strength..the general, alround type (and fitness as well). Hopefully size and form will be byproducts. Currently have very poor upper body strength, so this is a focus i guess. When i was landscaping over 10yrs ago, stength was ok, but endurance was really good...so hoping to recapture a bit of that as well.

Progress: Ok ..this is a bit embarrassing compared to some monster lifting im reading about by just about everyone else on this site, but ive got to get it out there so i can move forward. As i said... about 5 mths all up in this time frame below.

Mar2009
Bench 35kg
Squat 30kg
Incline Bench 25kg

Dec2009
Bench 60kg
Squat 70kg
Incline Bench 45kg
(have been using machines for all else, but intend to change to PTCs recommendations... just about to start it.)

Thanks for bearing with the cr2pping on guys...im rapt to have found ausbb, and especially PTCs perspective (thanks PTC) ...

andrew

Last edited: