• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Old, at 33 :)?!

Fadi.

Yes yes, my poor old weary bones lol

Am trying to decide if I should spend the cash and get myself a decent setup at home or just join a local gym (which always seems to be pretty packed and the monthly rates are very steep IMO)..

When I first started at the gym, I had not even heard of programs like Stronglifts/Rippetoes etc etc, so would not have even considered having my own setup. Armed with this knowledge now, I would have done it if I had the space, which I still don't anyway. On the other hand, there's also a lot to be said about having a knowledgeable professional checking your form and technique and providing advice.

If I lived in VIC I'd be going to Markos' :) Welcome and good luck with the training!

Hey Rob, I've also got a Bulldog, a British one. Reggie spends most nights in the gym with my clients.

Welcome.

- Name - Adam
- Age - 23
- Gender - M
- Location - Vic
- Training experience - Not much
- Any Interests - Bmx

I think I first started lifting in 05 off and on for about 2 years, really went nowhere strength wise since I'd always be sick.
Currently on the lung transplant list (born with CF). I started lifting again this year in the end of March the day I got out of hospital, I'm just trying to put weight back on and basically keep myself going till I get the call, the healthier I am the better chance I have of lasting the wait and operation lol.:D
I've also been reading Markos' newsletters lately, they're great.
Cheers

cystic fibrosis..

Congratulations on your interests and welcome mate.

Look forward to hearing more from you and your journey..

n00bs

G'day folks,
Thought I'd introduce myself..

Name: Rob
Training experience: Used to train regularly while in year 12 and while at uni for 5 years after that. After moving around to regional locations without gyms for work I slowly got out of it
Any Interests: Fly fishing, motorbikes, four wheel driving, trekking around in the wilderness, hiking, reading, reef and marine aquariums and chilling with my Bulldog when I'm not doing any of the above...

Now that I'm back in Melbs I'm looking forward to getting back into training. I'm just starting to get my diet under control again and will soon get back into training. I'm 6'3 and weigh about 100kgs, looking to cut body fat and weight down to around 90-95kg and then go pretty hard on the weights and get myself back to about 100kg. Am trying to decide if I should spend the cash and get myself a decent setup at home or just join a local gym (which always seems to be pretty packed and the monthly rates are very steep IMO)..

Cheers, all the best and looking forward to making the most of the resources on this site:)

Look at tapering off your carbs towards the arvo and add in cardio sessions (powerwalking) in the morning on a empty stomach or after training or both.

Hi Guys,

- Name - Simon Chan
- Age - 20
- Gender - M
- Location - Melbourne
- Training experience - 5 years on and off this August
- Any Interests - Powerlifting

Competitive powerlifter in the 82.5kg junior class, lifting with Powerlifting Australia/IPF. Best competition lifts: 247.5kg Squat, 147.5kg Bench, 265kg Deadlift. My goal is to become an elite level powerlifter, and compete on the world stage.

Cheers,
Simon.

Hi Guys,

- Name - Simon Chan
- Age - 20
- Gender - M
- Location - Melbourne
- Training experience - 5 years on and off this August
- Any Interests - Powerlifting

Competitive powerlifter in the 82.5kg junior class, lifting with Powerlifting Australia/IPF. Best competition lifts: 247.5kg Squat, 147.5kg Bench, 265kg Deadlift. My goal is to become an elite level powerlifter, and compete on the world stage.

Cheers,
Simon.

Welcome mate, they are some awsome lifts. Do you have any pics? Welcome to ausbb, although its ausbb i think we are more strength power orientated here..

Enjoy your stay

thats because you are a new user, its to stop spam on jack3d.. lol

Ill check it out. glad to see others cant sleep as well.

Just watched vids well done man especially on those squats...

Last edited:
I have pics and vids of Simon as he has competed at PTC, but PA doesnt want them posted, or he might get a ban this time.

Welcome aboard big fella. Simon is one of the best junior lifters in Australia, he has proper raw strength to go with his equipped lifts, extremely explosive. A very deep squatter.

Name: Shank
Experience: Been on and off for a couple of years, but alot more serious about it now!!

Cheers!

Hey Rob, I've also got a Bulldog, a British one. Reggie spends most nights in the gym with my clients.

Welcome.

Thanks for the welcome mate!

Glad to hear of another Bulldog owner, don't see many of them around. My little fella is called Bruce and he's not quite 6 months old yet. They are great dogs, I'm sure Reggie has many fans at your gym!

Cheers

Reggie is 18 months old, Bronson lived till he was 12 which is rare for a Bulldog.

Everyone loves Reggie lol

- Name Chokpa
- Age 22
- Gender M
- Location Sydney
- Training experience (if you have any that is) Been training on and off for 3 years. I worked a lot during uni so it was really patchy. Recently started working full time so my schedule is more certain, and i'm getting serious about cutting weight and bulking in cycles.
- Any Interests Interested in training, best methods etc. General developments in improving your body overall. Recently got a suspension trainer which has been keeping me amused. Dog lover, and german shepherd owner :)

Last edited:
- Name - Rhys
- Age - 21
- Gender - Male
- Location - Melbourne (Northern Suburbs)
- Training experience - on and off over the last 5 or 6 years, nothing as serious as I want to be now, mostly just isometric stuff that never really helped much at the beginner level (I was poorly informed)
- Any Interests - hiking, camping, mountain bike riding (amatuer), AFL (non-competitive) GO CATS, computers, poker (In Real Life), reading, wind farms (lol what I'm studying at the moment), cooking... and eating!, 1960's-70's classic muscle cars.

I joined this site because I heard that it was a great place for beginner lifters to get information. I want to learn as much as I can in order to make informed decisions about my training and diet rather than relying on what other people tell me.

I want to lower my body fat percentage and build muscle mass with a focus on overall strength gains and developing a strong body for the future. I have been losing weight (I say weight because I was probably losing muscle as well as fat through my own ignorance) over the last year and have dropped about 15 kg by mostly eating healthy and doing light cardio. Now I want to focus on building muscle mass so I want to get out of the mindset of weight loss and more into weight gain and fat loss :).

I look forward to learning a great deal through the helpful members of this forum, I've already received a lot of help thanks!

heyy everyone
Im Eva
22 yrs old
from Melbourne
im 162cm and 49kgs
im just hoping to get a little healthier and would love to tone up like every girl..just dont really know the exercises i should be doing :(
there doesnt seem to be enough females on this forum which is a shame