• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Hi OC,
I'll just say one thing here, eat to live not live to eat. Who cares if food is boring, your life may depend on boring food.

Your biggest hurdle is overcoming you desire and craving for tasty salt, sugar and fat dense food.

Hi Shrek

I wish i could just see food as fuel and not care what it tastes like lol. I'm trying... one time when i was really hardcore and lost alot of weight, i noticed that food tasted different afterwards.

Like when i went to eat junk food after ages of eating bland food... i really noticed all the flavours and how salty some things are.

I went and found my 5 kilo weights but they were too heavy so i used the smaller weights. I just lifted them up and down and sideways. Now my arms hurt...

This probably sounds really silly to people who are fit.

G'day.

Darren, 43, and 81kgs (was 105) live in Sydney.
Never done any training and looking to loose a bit more weight and put on a bit of muscle for definition - on a low carb diet/lifestyle. Have a basic weight stuff at home, bench press and preacher curl and about 120kgs of weights for bar bell and dumbells.
Here to pick up a few ideas etc.
My interests are Cruisers, 4wding, Newcastle Utd, Collingwood and Melbourne Storm and big interest is Christianity (I'm a preacher).

OC, everyone starts somewhere - even the very fit and very strong that are here (of which i am neither, yet :)).

consistency and effort over time, in both your diet and your training, are far more important than where you came from.

pick one of the beginner programs, google the exercises so you can watch videos of what they are, or better still see a trainer and apply the diet advice others have offered in your thread. form goals, build a plan, stick to your plan everyday and don't give up because of set backs, soreness, boredom or injury. if you do this you will get plenty of support from people here and in the real world as people start to see the change.

good luck.

OC.

Unfortunately, you have a big problem and an even bigger challenge. Your dieting has caused you to become obese, no secret there.

What most on here dont understand is the different type of obese people.

Some are incredibly weak, like yourself. Others, like one of my clients Simmo,146kg, are incredibly strong. I dont mean trained strong, I mean strong for their bodyweight. He deadlifted 200kg after a few weeks of lifting.

For a woman your size, those 5kg weights should have felt like toothpicks. The fact you found them heavy indicates that your 125kg is made up with very little muscle, which is going to create big problems.

The challenge you have is to take the emotion out of eating. If this doesnt happen immiediately, you will be in a perilous position.

You cant simply do what the average person does to get fit, your in a very different position.

I posted a pic of Beau in another thread. He weighed 135kg at 5'8". On his first session at my gym he squatted 150kg. Eighteen months later he is 92kg. Check the pics in the thread.

You cannot do what he did because you are in a very different state. I had a female client who weighed 143kg. After 16 months of training, she couldnt stand up unassisted off a bench, let alone squat any weight. She is similar to you. She quit and is getting fatter.

The good news is, she did lose 13kg in a few months, then emotion took over and she put it ALL back on in a fortnight. I shit you not.

Good luck OC, this isnt done to scare you, just want you to know your different, any trainer or nutritionist needs to be aware of this.

Fadi, I'm a Presbyterian Minister, who is also born again.
Zarkov, I was wondered how long! ;)
Thanks for the welcome, doing lots of reading!

I have a question on a power rack but will put it in the right section. Thanks again.

Fadi, I'm a Presbyterian Minister, who is also born again.
Zarkov, I was wondered how long! ;)
Thanks for the welcome, doing lots of reading!

I have a question on a power rack but will put it in the right section. Thanks again.

I`m liking you more and more Rev.A bodybuilding priest AND a sense of humor.
Welcome aboard.And welcome to all the other noobs.

It means a spiritual birth Kindred.

Some like to say if you are born twice, you'll die once, and if you are born once, you'll die twice...

The bloke from Ballarat has summed it up well.
Thanks for the welcome and advice, btw Blbarclay, bougt that power rack, excellent, thanks for the heads up.

Hey, another new member here. My name's Peter and I'm 22 years old, 185cm tall and 75kg. I live in Adelaide. My goals are to bulk up (to 90kg) and eat healthy. From there I'm not sure - but would be really happy just to achieve that right now.

I started a basic routine recently with a focus on compound workouts. I joined because the people here seem down to earth and the advice I've read so far has been helpful (going to steal some peoples' shake recipes, need lots of calories).

Really want to stick with it, going to give it my best.

G'day Peter,

I'd be happy to loose a few kgs, if you PM your address I could send them to you mate. ;)
Welcome and cheers.

I didn't see that reply. Thanks PTC... yeah i know i'm different. I think if someone made me work out really hard i would have a heart attack. I know what you mean about "fit fat". There's skinny fat, fit fat and weak fat hahaha.

The 2.5kg weights are heavy too but i can use them a bit. I was going to make myself use the 5kg ones but someone was around me and seen how i struggled and told me not to kill myself, and to start out smaller. There were 1kg ones but i went for the 2.5kg.

Lots of people give up. That's why i like this site, because every time i have tried to lose weight with other fat people they always give up, or we collectively give up as a group. There was one woman trying to lose weight to have a baby. I thought she would stick it out because i had listened to her talk about it so passionately, but she didn't stick it out even though she wanted a baby more than anything in the world. I was left with 2 people, both kept restarting. Losing and gaining, losing and gaining. I thought "fuk it" and stopped going to the website and gave up. I wanted someone who would keep up with me, so we were competing against each other to keep it interesting. Not that BS. I ended up feeling bad to lose weight because other people weren't.

I saw a doco saying that once people reach large weights like me, they have something like a 15% chance of losing the weight themselves without surgery. The % might have been even lower than that. I can't remember. I really believe that to be true.

So considering that i am not going to find anyone my size who will want to lose weight, stick to it, and challenge me. I am doing it by myself, drawing inspiration from looking at all the people on here who have changed their bodies or are in the progress of it. Although they are in a totally different ball game to me, it's still more motivating than being around other fat people who talk about losing weight and never do it.

I don't want to be one of those people anymore.

I'm not going to be out of the "danger zone" until i get past 90kgs. Because that is where i have given up the last two times that i went from 120-125kg to 90kgs. I don't know what it is about 90kgs. I think it's because it is 5 kilos away from the goal i set and i get scared.

:):)

Last edited:
Hello

Hello all

I'm 29 and I live in a rural queensland town south of Rockhapton. As you can guess ther is not alot of people to ask about training,so thats where this forum comes in. I've tried training a few times in the past with some success,but I want to really stick to it this time. I'm about 190cm and 82kg and want to start bodybuilding. Hope to chat to you all, and have plenty of questions to ask.

Wakmat

Hi All,

Looking to finally hit the diet right.
So thought a good idea would be to find a site and post my big fat gut on it.

Starting with 3000calories a day and 220-240g protein.
(Believe me this is a big improvement on my usual intake!)

98kgs
170cm
31%bf (according to Bathroom scales)
190kg squat
190kg dead
130kg bench
17 3/4 in arms

I have a habit of starting things and not finishing, so the goal is to get to 20% bf on my scales. Its not ground breaking but hey.