• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
My name is Jessica, I'm a newbee at training for figure competitions. I've never been on a strict diet, my metabolism is pretty fast and I think I'm almost where I need to be. I have read a few articles and interviews with pros like this one with Australian figure champion Loretta Mostofi but where can I find more information on the correct foods to eat and different meal plans? Thank you in advance for your reply.

Firstly welcom to AusBB and don't forget to introduce your self in the Intro thread for new memebers...

This is probably not the thread for your question....

There are several girls in the Womens section who are training to compete... Most are looking for the same answers you are... You will find their logs if you go for a wonder through that section...

Maybe asking your diet question in the Nutrition and diet section would be a good start...

Good luck....

Name Dave
Gender Male
Location Brisbane
Occupation It Guy
Training experience (if you have any that is) Weight Training on/off 4-5 yrs
Any Interests Fitness, Art/Photography, Anime,

Name Dave
Gender Male
Location Brisbane
Occupation It Guy
Training experience (if you have any that is) Weight Training on/off 4-5 yrs
Any Interests Fitness, Art/Photography, Anime,

Welcome to ausbb Dave! Best of luck with any training goals you may have :)

Hey there,

Just a quick introduction to the forum, my name is Jo, I am 26 and love weight training! My main reason for joining the forum is because I've lost motivation and I'm looking to meet/chat to people with my same love of fitness to help get me back into the gym.

I've been training pretty consistently for two years, I've lost nearly 40kgs and I was still going strong until I started my new job, I used to work odd hours, but now I work mon-fri 9-5 and it's been a huge adjustment.

My long term goal is be a fitness model, I believe I can get there but I need help, training buddies, motivational tips anything...

Hey Jo, I'm Jo too! :p

Welcome to ausbb and best of luck in your training goals!

Take a read through the Sticky's at the front of the forum, we also have quite a few gals here now training to be figure competitors, so take a look at the female training diaries and scope out what they're up to ;)

Well done on your fat loss, 40kg's lost is certainly something to be very proud of! Motivation, commitment and consistency, you have to find within yourself, as I'm sure you know - now that you've adjusted to the new work schedule, if figure competition is what you want, I believe you can get there too!

Welcome to the forum, look forward to watching your progress to awesome! :)

Good luck Jo! There's heaps or info and motivation to be had around here. Just have a poke around the forums for general info, and then ask away with anything else you need and the guys and gals with all the knowledge will no doubt help!

Name: Mark
Training: 6 months on/off
Town: Kerang, VIC (U wont have heard of it!)
Goals: Tone up, lose fat
Current stats: 178cm 85kg
Only 1rm ive done is bench, 108kg

Welcome Dave, there are many bizarre Daves on here already, I hope you're a little more level-headed. Har har.

Welcome Jo, there's one Jo here already. I hope you're not such a shy, delicate little flower like her and speak up from time to time. Har har.

Welcome Mark. I wish your name was Matt so I could say Welcome Matt. But it just wasn't meant to be was it? Oh the pain.

Name Chris
Age 34
Gender M
Location Melbs
Training history-
95-2005 (consistent training, mainly "nautilus" machines)
06-2009 (occasional lifting)
2010 (crossfit)
2010-now (strength)
Any Interests
Functional strength/Paleo lifestyle

hey
just signed up, have been a member of bolex since 2001 or something like that!!
i see a few familiar names already on here.
looks like a good aussie forum!

Reactions: kaz
hey
just signed up, have been a member of bolex since 2001 or something like that!!
i see a few familiar names already on here.
looks like a good aussie forum!

Welcome to the Forums Taurus :):)
Used to hang out there a while back :)

Hi all, new to this and hoping to use this site to learn new things and possibly get in touch with others who could help toward my goals :)
Name: Loxton (Yes it's odd)
Location: Geelong/Melbourne/Sydney/LA/Vancouver (it changes often)
Training history: I've been training since 2009, an extended family member who is military and a personal trainer brought me into it. Only this year truly became serious about it and my current goals are being a personal trainer which I'm studying for and to be either a fitness model or sponsored athlete.
Height: 183cm
Weight: 85 kg (last I checked)
Body fat%: 13%
Max Bench: 130 kg
Max Squat: 135 kg