• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
grant 27 yrs old relitavly new to all this just looking for advice maybe even a training partner

Welcome Grant! You've certainly had an induction by fire :D

Good luck with your training goals and I hope the information you've received here helps!

hey

hi all just joined the forum been training on and off for 4 years now more off than on i think lol how are we all...

wazzup-1577.jpg

Name: RameshRK

Qualifications: B.Technology CS

Training Experiences: 4 years training experience. Resistance training, strength training.
Lost 12 kgs of mass in 3 months. Gained all of them and 5 more now.

Any Interests: Soccer, Rugby, Gym, Fitness, Music

Name Kevin
Age 17
Gender Male
Location Brisbane, Australia
Occupation Student at UQ
Training experience (if you have any that is) Amateur Use of Barbells and Dumbell(1.5 years) , P90X before I joined the gym
Any Interests Piano, Building Computers, Keeping Fish, Fishing, Music

I already kind of introduced myself but I will do this too:

Age 28
Gender Female
Location Brisbane
Occupation Personal Trainer and part-time student
Training experience (if you have any that is) Cardio slave for years until I found weights which was about 2.5 years ago. Still love to run though!
Any Interests Fitness, nutrition, animals, cooking, food, makeup

Gday!

Been reading the forums for a while, thought I'd finally join. My name is actually Lewis, couldn't think of a username and had an Aero mint chocolate sitting on my desk..

Been lifting weights since end of year 12 (2 yrs ago), 19 in 2 weeks. Lately have started to take it a little more seriously as I'd like to make some more body changes.

Stats:
19 years old
179cm
77kg

arms - 14 inch
Chest - 39 inch
Quads - 21 inch

Bodyfat calipers say im around 11% but id estimate closer to 13/14%

Have not done any 1MR's for about 1.5-2 months, just been trying to improve gradually. Will do some maxes probably mid august again.

Bench - 105kg
Deadlift - 155kg
Squat - 110 (legs are my weakest point, horrible genetics)
SOHP - Good question, never done one. Most ever pressed was 35kg seated dumbbell press.

Legs are easily weakest part - no one in my family has decent sized legs and id be lying if I said i had anything that resembled a calf muscle, but the quads are slowly (very) getting there. I'm fairly happy with the rest of my strength.

Things I want to improve -
Arms. They suck! and are proving to be stubborn as all hell to grow...annoying.
Legs

Am coming towards end of 'bulking' season if you'd call it that. I'd like to sufficiently lean out this summer as I've never had abs while just standing there, which is a main goal of mine for the year.

Currently eating around 2800-3000 cals, 40/40/20, but since im a teenager and not the strictest of all people some days i go over/under certain macros.
I like to think I know a fair bit about nutrition, however still experimenting with what works best for me (currently trying intermittent fasting - suits me well since im not a big breakfast fan unless someone is cooking me bacon and eggs)

Trying out german volume training at the moment - 10 sets of 10 reps with 60-90 secs rest between sets, enjoying it alot, with a few assistance exercises thrown in at the end if I'm not dead.

Would LOVE any tips on arm growth - frequency, intensity etc. that has worked for other members in the past. The rest of my body seems to grow, they dont want to.

Trying to add some photos but havent used vbulletin in a few years - can someone remind me? There is no upload attachment button that I can see!

Cheers!

Been reading the forums for a while, thought I'd finally join. My name is actually Lewis, couldn't think of a username and had an Aero mint chocolate sitting on my desk..

Been lifting weights since end of year 12 (2 yrs ago), 19 in 2 weeks. Lately have started to take it a little more seriously as I'd like to make some more body changes.

Stats:
19 years old
179cm
77kg

arms - 14 inch
Chest - 39 inch
Quads - 21 inch

Bodyfat calipers say im around 11% but id estimate closer to 13/14%

Have not done any 1MR's for about 1.5-2 months, just been trying to improve gradually. Will do some maxes probably mid august again.

Bench - 105kg
Deadlift - 155kg
Squat - 110 (legs are my weakest point, horrible genetics)
SOHP - Good question, never done one. Most ever pressed was 35kg seated dumbbell press.

Legs are easily weakest part - no one in my family has decent sized legs and id be lying if I said i had anything that resembled a calf muscle, but the quads are slowly (very) getting there. I'm fairly happy with the rest of my strength.

Things I want to improve -
Arms. They suck! and are proving to be stubborn as all hell to grow...annoying.
Legs

Am coming towards end of 'bulking' season if you'd call it that. I'd like to sufficiently lean out this summer as I've never had abs while just standing there, which is a main goal of mine for the year.

Currently eating around 2800-3000 cals, 40/40/20, but since im a teenager and not the strictest of all people some days i go over/under certain macros.
I like to think I know a fair bit about nutrition, however still experimenting with what works best for me (currently trying intermittent fasting - suits me well since im not a big breakfast fan unless someone is cooking me bacon and eggs)

Trying out german volume training at the moment - 10 sets of 10 reps with 60-90 secs rest between sets, enjoying it alot, with a few assistance exercises thrown in at the end if I'm not dead.

Would LOVE any tips on arm growth - frequency, intensity etc. that has worked for other members in the past. The rest of my body seems to grow, they dont want to.

Trying to add some photos but havent used vbulletin in a few years - can someone remind me? There is no upload attachment button that I can see!

Cheers!

Welcome to the forum Aero.

When you're ready to post pics you can do so in this thread.
http://ausbb.com/member-pics-videos/8185-members-pics.html

All the best.

Welcome to the forum

Admin here but please call me Graeme

I would like to welcome you to the Ausbb- Australian BodyBuilding Forums, Good to have you all on board. Don't forget to start your own Training Diary. Your Training Diary will help you stay motivated and keep track of your progress. When you train alone sometimes it is hard to get help, guidance, inspirtation and motivation which is where the Ausbb forums and the Ausbb Training Diaries will help you with finding others with similar stats and allow you to interact with each other.

* Click here to start your own training log (don't forget to put a link in your signature to your training diary).
* Once you have started your Training diary click here to add it to the lists (order by weight and order by age) this helps other guys find your log.