• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Upper Quad pain.

brendon

i have had this issue for a few weeks now with squatting .

when i go deep on sqauts i get sore on the upper part of my quads. could even be hip flexors? it feels like if i do too much the muslce will tear. when going deep in squats (which is always) . it could be a few reasons as to why but not sure.
i was thinkign one of 2 things.
(1) leaning to far forward in sqaut. i dont think i am but i could be.

(2) simply not enough warmup, thing is i feel it when doing light weights like 50 or 60kg. should i warmup more or stretch more,
my usual warmup before sqauts are 10 bw, 10 with bar then jump around and losen up then start on 60kg.

usually i jsut push through as its not to bad a pain im just worried i may tear a muscle. for past few nights ive been applying heat and have got out the ol rolling to roll along legs to try workout any knots that are there, anyone have any ideas? is it quad or hip flexor?

i have an office job which probably doesnt help.

play touch footy on sunday arvos. then its weights Mon, Wed, Friday and sometimes a couple things on thursday at home with kettlebells and rings.

What is your Squat form like? (toes pointing forward or out and if so on what angle?)

Are you driving your knees out during the movement?

In a previous life I used to squat with my feet/toes parallel to one another (some retard PT told me this was the correct way) and I had similar issues (a function of hip flexor and adductor flexibility I'd say). I have since reformed myself and now use 'proper' form and having my toes/feet on an angle and consciously driving my knees apart as I go through the movement has removed all pain in that region.

Please note that I squat tiny weights and speak only from anecdotal personal experience not any sort of professional understanding :)