• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Can genes predict athletic performance?

Now you and I know about Ken, most on here dont, Max has read everything he has written and worships the guy.

Genetic freak? lol

Hard, tough, dedicated. You bet.

He'd smash guys with 10 times his supposed genetic advantages.

Dr ken has been my inspiration
I used to talk with him when he posted at garage gym many years ago, I followed him to cyberpump.
Go to gridironincny.com to see him workout, truely wonderful.

i would say if there are any people with better genetics than others they are very few and far between.
obviously some people are better at some things than others due to there physical makeup but even then i dont think any athlete would say that winning a gold medal or the like was easy to do. all of them train bloody hard and have the self discipline and determination to succeed.

Usain Bolt's doing well at the moment, 9.58
Can somebody name the first white man to run under 10 seconds in the 100m, my minds gone blank just now.

Last edited:
But Usains NOT the only man to run under 10 if I'm not mistaken.

There will always be the strongest and fastest or fittest at something at any given time

Puds a legend.................and he's also Savickas' bitch.

Someone will be best..........for a while

What do you reckon of his genetics pre working out?

I reckon his genetics got better through training.

Do you understand what I'm saying?

If you are using that as a figure of speech,I understand and agree completely.
If you are making a literal statement,I disagree completely.

Kong, that vid of the doc squatting 190kg x 23 @ 74kg is absolutely nuts. I have never seen footage of him lifting.

Thank you.

Doesn't this show a clear difference in genetics though?

In the past decade, the 10 second barrier has been broken over 200 times, but never by a white man.

Maybe one day a super freak who is white will come along and break the 10 seconds, may even set a new record.
But looking at the past results, it is insanely unlikely.
And if this freak does come along, I believe it would be highly gifted genetics rather than just hard work which will produce the result.

Last edited:
the only actual "genetic advantages" im convinced of are leverages and proportions. if you have longer arms that is a genetic thing and you have the potential to deadlift more with less effort than someone with shorter arms. if you are 6'5" you have a genetic advantage because you have a larger frame for muscle etc.

either way its academic, this body is all ive got to work with. the whole "genetic advantage" thing is just something to make people feel better about being weaker than someone else.

I hear what youre saying adrian, but that article didnt focus on a race being geneticly gifted, it was based on individuals.

There is no denying that Africans are suited to sprinting, just as they are not suited to swimming.

Factors determining this is they have lower bodyfat, broader shoulders, narrower hips etc.

There are advantages and disadvantages with every race.

This study was aimed at testing an individuals genetic make up, not an entire race.

If you want to get into race, Aborigines and Native Americans are judged to be the most superior in sports and athletics by reknown world judges. Based on allround ability, not specializing.

That does not mean that others shouldnt try.

You know the world is messed up when the best golfer is black and the best rapper is white, but Tiger and Eminem didnt care, just did there thing.

I'd like to comment on how interesting this topic is and how well behaved everyone has been.

Regardless of which side of the fence your on, in my opinion, I will never impose limits on my clients.

Until the day that Dorian Yates picked up his first DB, he never knew that he could become the greatest bodybuilder of all time.

Imagine if some negative prick told him that Poms cant match the aesthetic beauty of a black man, that you cant win Mr Olympia with tattoos. Black classical physiques either side of Dorians reign.

He just trained harder than everyone else.

Some have to train harder than others.

But mybad- I didn't read the article, well I did - I found I had to stop as I started scratching out my eyes.

Two types that have screwed us up big time: politicians and scientists.
That's just my thoughts.

Kong, that vid of the doc squatting 190kg x 23 @ 74kg is absolutely nuts. I have never seen footage of him lifting.

Thank you.

No worries, thought you'd like that.
he went on to do presses rows some stone work and finished with bicep curls.
Filmed by PJ Striet.
He did it to raise funds for homeless kids.

just read that link to ACTN3 on wiki page. its been said that olympic sprinters tend to have 80% fast twitch muscle fibres, and for the norm its said to be 50, 50 fast and slow twitch.
due to this does that mean if 2 olympic sprinters or weightlifters male and female were to conceive a child would that child have a higher percentage of fast twitch fibres from birth? would thta child turn out to be a good sprinter?

im not to sure of that as there are plenty of sprinters/ lifters who have had children and the children once grown have never really been better than there parents, or anyone else.
so it still doesnt change the fact that working hard and training/eating your heart out is the only way to be noticed in something and be that bit better than everyone else.

He was quite active on the Internet until idiots started accusing him of using aluminium plates.
He has some fantastic stories.

He worked for Arthur as a gardener, when people would come to visit the plant he would call ken in to do a demo overalls and all.
They where designing the duo-squat ken got in and shot him across the room, Arthur said mmm I think we need shoulder pads.

just read that link to ACTN3 on wiki page. its been said that olympic sprinters tend to have 80% fast twitch muscle fibres, and for the norm its said to be 50, 50 fast and slow twitch.
due to this does that mean if 2 olympic sprinters or weightlifters male and female were to conceive a child would that child have a higher percentage of fast twitch fibres from birth? would thta child turn out to be a good sprinter?

im not to sure of that as there are plenty of sprinters/ lifters who have had children and the children once grown have never really been better than there parents, or anyone else.
so it still doesnt change the fact that working hard and training/eating your heart out is the only way to be noticed in something and be that bit better than everyone else.

They do it with horses.

The Chinese were breeding tigers but through the same gene, they discovered that it was creating a defective line of animal or something like that.

These days in our society; dumb breeds dumb and it's rewarded.