• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What's you favourote protein source?

• Total voters
did you get a blood test or what?

Actually it was from this American tuna calculator:

Tuna Calculator | Environmental Working Group

I love my tuna.. especially as a protein source, but it sounds like you can probably only have 2 big 185g tins a week.. maybe 3 safely. The bigger you are, the more you can take, safely.

I'm interested to hear anyone's thoughts on this.. I personally have been eating tuna for a long time, at least the whole way through uni and my first few years of work..

Actually it was from this American tuna calculator:

Tuna Calculator | Environmental Working Group

I love my tuna.. especially as a protein source, but it sounds like you can probably only have 2 big 185g tins a week.. maybe 3 safely. The bigger you are, the more you can take, safely.

I'm interested to hear anyone's thoughts on this.. I personally have been eating tuna for a long time, at least the whole way through uni and my first few years of work..

Yeah, can't beat Tuna and tbh hadn't thought too much about the mercury issue although it had been mentioned to me.

Cheap, easy and nutritionally good. Still reckon it tastes like arse, but the good out-weighs the bad.

I will have around 2x 420gm cans worth a week.

At $2-3 a can, it's cheap as...

What are some other good portable protein sources?

I'm getting looks at the school I teach at for having wheat bix and protein powder for lunch.

What are some other good portable protein sources?

I'm getting looks at the school I teach at for having wheat bix and protein powder for lunch.

Well, that would do it ;)

I've heard of some hard-out fullas blending a boiled potato with protein powder and eating that... But there's got to be a point where taste still matters :)

If your having lunch at a school why not just cook extra dinner the night before and have that for lunch the next day.

Not a fan of sirena tuna either.

Last time I had it it tasted like tuna in old deep frier oil.

My cat made noises that sound like she shared your opinion :D

Calippo is one of the best. Also Cuca from Spain ... especially the Bonito.

In Melbs, you can get Calippo a little cheaper by buying it in slabs from Mediteranean Wholesalers in Brunswick.
I get the one in glass jars, hand packed.

They also have a new Spanish one which is really good too.

If your having lunch at a school why not just cook extra dinner the night before and have that for lunch the next day.

This is what i do most of the time, extra steak or chicken (but never both:eek::eek::eek:) and veggies at night makes a great easy lunch the next day.

My usual diet would include eggs on breakfast, roasted chicken on lunch and a tuna sandwich at dinner plus a beer! :D So basically those are my favorite protein sources! :D