• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What's you favourote protein source?

• Total voters
2784-summerland-kibbeh-nayeh.jpg

Kibbeh Nayeh (raw lamb/beef)

There are many recopies on the net and YouTube. But basically raw meat (or raw lamb's liver) are my favourite since I was a child.

Fadi.

Mrs faveroute... I like the kibbeh balls more myself.

Its all about awafi chicken or eljanna in granville fadi :p

Last edited:
Mrs faveroute... I like the kibbeh balls more myself.

Its all about awafi chicken or eljanna in granville fadi :p

Don't go there much at all n00bs, (to that area I mean). But I heard the Auburn/Granville area has some amazing Turkish food outlets, as well as Lebanese sweets of course (can't forget those) :)!

Here's what I'm having right now as I type these words for you:

stuffed_zucchini_tomato_sauce.jpg

Stuffed Zuchini and Stuffed Eggplant, yummy!

Fadi.

Last edited:
Don't go there much at all n00bs, (to that area I mean). But I heard the Auburn/Granville area has some amazing Turkish food outlets, as well as Lebanese sweets of course (can't forget those) :)!

Here's what I'm having right now as I type these words for you:

stuffed_zucchini_tomato_sauce.jpg

Stuffed Zuchini and Stuffed Eggplant, yummy!

Fadi.

Oh god, KNAFEH! from el sweetie.. and the katayef!

Oh dont get me started!

Oh god, KNAFEH! from el sweetie.. and the katayef!

Oh dont get me started!

Okay I won't get you started n00bs, but here're just two katayef, one for you and one for me...

katayef.jpg

I have two favourites, one of them is Faisaliyeh

image009.jpg

See what you've done n00bs, you got me started; it's all your fault :D!

Fadi.

Fadi a body builder mate of mine always talked about the Lebanese cuisine. His wife is Lebanese and she use to make a large kerbab type this with raw meat. Do you know what they are called?

I think you can be completely healthy as a vegan or vegetarian, but you have to be willing to eat the right foods, just like you can be a healthy meat eater - only if you consume the right meats and in moderation.

I would rather eat a zucchini stuffed with cottage cheese / spices ... instead of animal protein.

Fadi a body builder mate of mine always talked about the Lebanese cuisine. His wife is Lebanese and she use to make a large kerbab type this with raw meat. Do you know what they are called?

Gauche, the only Lebanese dishes that are eaten raw (that I'm aware of) are kibbeh (raw meat with cracked wheat etc), kefta (raw meat with chopped up parsley, onions, etc), just straight out lamb's liver diced with some salt and pepper sprinkled on top. There could be more but I wouldn't be aware of them. When I hear kebab I picture cooked meat not raw, so I'm not sure what your mate was talking about there Gauche.

Fadi.

I think you can be completely healthy as a vegan or vegetarian, but you have to be willing to eat the right foods, just like you can be a healthy meat eater - only if you consume the right meats and in moderation.

I would rather eat a zucchini stuffed with cottage cheese / spices ... instead of animal protein.

No arguments from me there OC; it's been proven it can be done by millions of people from all walks of life. Why, are you one or perhaps contemplating on becoming one?

Fadi.

Chicken Breast.

Just BBQ'd another 2kg of it yesterday and had 250gm with salad as dinner then sliced the rest up and froze it in 250gm bags. One of my lunches every day is one of those 250gm bags with salad.

BBQ looks great with about 8 sides of chicken breast all cooking away nicely with the hood down on max heat. Comes out nice and brown and cooked through but still moist and not burnt. I don't add any sauce, but my wife likes it with peri peri. She also occassionally pulls the odd frozen bag out of the freezer and mixes it with an indian curry and microwaves the mix for a quick dinner and serves with chipata or some such.

All very yum and oh so versatile... ;)

Cheers,
Mike

being at uni during the arvo, it's hard to find meals with high protein on campus.

i like hard-boiled eggs, chicken (from woolies) with tomato sauce, baked beans, tuna in can, rice, and i buy 1L milk at uni.

my mates are surprised at how much i eat, and wonder how i'm "not fat" :p

I posted this elsewere, but for a good tasty breakfast, not great for making friends, but.

Get a bowl and beat 4 eggs add a touch of milk to scramble, dump in pan and cook
while cooking add a tin of baked beans to your bowl and zap them till hot enough.

put cooked scrambled eggs on top of beans

cover with gratted cheese,..pig out...

try it, really it rocks...

Cheese, chicken, rump steak, milk...

and to a lesser extent lamb, pork, whey isolate and soy.

Been eating a lot of tuna lately. Ne'er know where m gonna be so can't take food that needs to be heated anymore.
Tuna in olive oil for FTW.

Yeah the only tuna in olive oil I can stomach is the Serena stuff, anything else and it has to be the flavoured ones, either salsa or chilli ones are good.

eww Sirena? no way. Even my cat rejects that stuff.

Calippo!!! A whole other world of goodness. In quality olive oil too.

Love my tuna. Best protein source. could eat it every day.
Eggs right up there too.