• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Tuna tuna tuna

alex

gday guys and gals!!!

we all know how wonderful tuna is and its miraculous super powers...so whats your favourite way of getting your tuna intake?? or what flavours do you personally like?

i cant go past safcol penang curry tuna in a sandwich!!! yummo!!!

over to you!!!!

sol mare tuna in oil is great. but i am completely over tuna, eating it onyl coz i have to sometimes i dont enjoy it that much, but thats part of taking the emotion out of eating, give body what it needs for fuel

I much prefer canned chicken to tuna now, so much tastier.
Nutritional values are almost the same.
Nice flavours too.

can you believe i have never seen anned chicken before!! will have to check it out!!! cheers

It's only been available just recently in Australia as far as I know.
They've had it in New Zealand for a while.
You can get it at Coles in the canned fish section.
Little white cans.

Yeh I dont know about canned chicken...

I have 5 tins of 185gm Sole Mare tuna in Olive Oil on my desk right now.

Afternoon eats... Wash it down with a coke zero. Dont like it but same as Brendon, give it what it needs.

I love tuna, never get tired of it. Most of the time I eat it straight out the an in olive oil but I do like a good tuna sambo too.

Also if I'm going to cook, tuna mornay is nice.

mmmm canned chicken

chickeninacan.png

(not the one we have here - thankfully)

I'm yet to try it. For those who have, how does it rate?

i love tuna i like most types but my faves are john west chilli with 2 minute noodles:p and safcol woodsmoked by itself.

btw noodles have heaps of carbs:D

Coles had a special so I bought 25 tins!

PA302072.jpg

These are the best tasting plain tins I have come across, some prefer the chunky type but these taste too good to ignore. Usually have them in a sandwich, also love the woollies branded chilli flavour

mmmm canned chicken

chickeninacan.png

(not the one we have here - thankfully)

I'm yet to try it. For those who have, how does it rate?

holy **** that looks disgusting.

i bought some canned chicken breast from Costco, pretty much tastes like tuna but has a softer texture, i think it worked out about the same price as buying fresh chicken breast. not bad to have on hand in case of emergencys

Here is a quick recipe for you all to try

1 x 425gm tin of tuna in olive oil
1 x tin of four bean mix
1/2 red onion (diced)
1/2 handfull of parsley
1-2 chillies (depends how hot you like it)

Mix all ingredients together and enjoy:)

Coles had a special so I bought 25 tins!

PA302072.jpg

These are the best tasting plain tins I have come across, some prefer the chunky type but these taste too good to ignore. Usually have them in a sandwich, also love the woollies branded chilli flavour

Youll find that sandwich tuna is usually mixed with mayo and has less actual tuna in the can then all the other kinds.

Always look at the macro breakdown on the tin and compare to plain tuna when buying flavoured tuna, its always massively different.

95% of the tuna you get is from thailand
woolworths is the only brand i ahve found to contain pure olive oil (i.e. not a blend)