• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Tuna tuna tuna

Sole Mare tuna in Olive Oil.

81% tuna, 15% olive oil, water and salt. nothin else. Perfect.

Tuna, Steamed rice with Egg, Snow Peas, Cucumber, Yellow squash and some sweet chilli sauce. Goes well!

Or just Tuna and BBQ sauce on a sanga is good for a quick one

caned chicken in mayo, and spring water, chilli flavour was not bad,. you can get it in tuna size tins and bigger tins aswell.

strangley it had a real similarity to tinned tuna lol...

Only a new product in woolworths

Sirena tuna in light olive oil drained eaten straight from the can..mmmm

95% of the tuna you get is from thailand
woolworths is the only brand i ahve found to contain pure olive oil (i.e. not a blend)

Going to be sick?? Thailand? Don't they have polluted fish farms or is that Vietnam?

caned chicken in mayo, and spring water, chilli flavour was not bad,. you can get it in tuna size tins and bigger tins aswell.

strangley it had a real similarity to tinned tuna lol...

Only a new product in woolworths

I didn't know you could get the big tins of these.
Should be much better value as the small cans are quite expensive.
I will have a look in Woolworths then, as I heard only Coles stocked it.

Smoke flavour is good too.

Thanks

Going to be sick?? Thailand? Don't they have polluted fish farms or is that Vietnam?

The issue with sourcing your Tuna from fish farms in general is that they feed their fish with grains, meaning more omega 6 than omega 3 that we want.

John West chili tuna, straight out of the can at least one can per day, bought about 30 cans on Saturday on special for $1 each, was thinking about going back for more.

Also tuner in olive oil.

Same here, John West Chilli and Greenseas spicy chilli are both good. It's cheaper to get 185g or larger homebrand etc but $1 for John West 95g is a good price.

my protein intake is from 50% tuna 25% protein powder 25% steak/chicken

I buy tuna from aldis at 80 cents a can i like the chilli and lime flavour i buy like 60 cans at a time the checkout lady laughed and said why so many tunas i felt like saying why are you fuckin rude, i just said i like tuna

Last edited:
Oh man, I dont know how you guys do it. I hate tuna. How do you guys do it? I use to eat it fresh out of a can and wash it down with mouth full of water each time. I guess thats why im skinny.

i hate any type of fish so with tuna i spread it over bread than cover it with cheese than grill it and that taste's nice tuna an cheese on toast ;-)

Had a can of Woolworths select Tuna, well I tried, threw half of it out it's gross, stick with John West I think.

1 big can of tuna
1 big avocado
some mayo
= best fucking spread
( squeeze lemon or vinegar on top to stop it discolouring )

Cannot live without tuna. I absolutely love the stuff!

When bulking (for lunch), I used to smash down 1 x 425g tin (with olive oil), with 1/2 a chopped cucumber, 1 x chopped tomato, 1/2 an avocado with dash of Paul Newman's 'light' Balsamic dressing. I still eat the same thing every day although now I have restricted myself to only 1/2 a can.

IMO, Solmare is the best tasting by a long shot. About the only thing that can turn me off tuna is buying the Coles shit. Worst. tuna. period! The Coles tuna is low in protein compared to more expensive brands too.