• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Rest Breaks

In 5 years of being on forums I have never used the ignore button before, what a brilliant idea.

To the OP, has your question been answered succesfully?

C'mon PTC, it's not that bad....
A winner never quits and a quitter never wins

It was a simple discussion. The amount I've learnt from internet discussions is invaluable; they're great. They stimulate thought processes you may not have had otherwise, they help you perfect what you already thought was perfect; without a doubt I've learnt most when proven wrong.

You've made contradicting statements regarding rest periods and I'm genuinely interested in the reasoning behind it. Perhaps there's info you've witheld that will clarify it completely? If not, maybe I've given you something to think about?

Either way, no need to cut up rough over it, it's just a discussion.

keep going shame! youre almost there! nothing like that sense of accomplishment you get when you feel like youve won yet another argument on the internet!

internet_serious_business_framed.jpg

keep going shame! youre almost there! nothing like that sense of accomplishment you get when you feel like youve won yet another argument on the internet!
Disappointing POV you've got there. Personally I'd like to think of it as discussion opposed to an argument. Secondly, if you re-read my previous post you'll see I'm more concerned with what I can learn.

Each to their own I guess.

Cheers...

thanks for all your replies. and for the entertaining detour the thread took.
it seems that most people aren't that concerned with rest breaks and resume their set when they feel ready. which it what i expected.
i'm the same when it comes to strength sets but i like to shorten the rest for lifts with 8-12 reps, i feel it fatigues the muscle more which is the idea of thoes exercises.
thanks

sometimes i have to take a longer break if someone drops their guts and clears the gym while they are doing squat jerks

sometimes i have to take a longer break if someone drops their guts and clears the gym while they are doing squat jerks

You serious you were at the gym and someone spewed everywhere?

Seriously Bluey............who else.

I've never met anyone with so little control, he continuously farts with all the girls around, generally while lifting, but last night he was between sets when he erupted, with all the girls sitting outside.

Have I mentioned he cant get a date lol

cant say im surprised.
What is he eating (or not eating?) that makes him explode like that?

i still piss myself remembering Dave benching and you letting go in his face :D