• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Great display of power & speed

Sorry...i feel so retarded. i was thinking deadlifting. when i deadlift, the bar often stops aat my cock

i frequently go quite deep but manage to get up without too much problem. what's that? you want a video? Gimmie some time

Plenty of lifters do snatch rep work with straps. Saves resesting the grip on every rep.

I didn't know what to make of it either first time I saw it.

Speaking about leverages powerbuilder, I made an interesting observation on Nina's squats today, so much so I did a whole newsletter about them

....which is on your website ? Sweet. is it newsletter number 100 ?

Obviously if i were to weigh over 70kg (something i haven't done in a few years now) my lifts would increase...yeah ? I'm still trying to come to grips with the mechanics of leverage in terms of me (a lever ) and the iron (benig the mass being moved. I feel so embarresed that i don't understand it (yet). Weirdly i'm quite an intelligent person...it's something i just haven't retained the information from the ol' school days

Last edited:
Its # 105, and I use examples of shin angle with Nina, Dave and Max, in correlation with bar height and degree of straightness in the back.

Its basicly about squatting and its effect on deadlifting, in regards to the position of your ass and knees.

A short torso'd long legged person will (squatting correctly)automatically tend to lean forward to keep the bar over and inlign with the point of the feet to maintian the optimum leverage.
At the bottom of the squat and looking side on draw a line from the bar to the feet, the line should end roughly in the middle of the foot.
A short legged man with a longer torso has the advantage as he is able to stay more upright.
It's ironical the the shorter torso'd person will have a stronger back - if he squats correctly. And takes his time which will be much longer than his counterpart.

Just my thoughts.

i lean forward heaps and my knees go well over my toes but my deadlift is my strongest lift...
[YOUTUBE]fSW2fcEvfak[/YOUTUBE]

But your doing it in socks. That level of lean with socks is minimal.

Nina was squatting in weightlifting shoes with an elevated heel and her knees were still travelling further.

She couldnt get down to parallel yet was hitting the pins set at "catch" height.

Nice squatting Droo