• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Super Deadlifting

Snatch grip is the ultra wide grip olympians use when performing the snatch

weightlifting_action_gallery5.jpg

Like a farmer carries buckets, only use manly weights, or walk for very long distances.

An example, Nick and James walk with 120kg in each hand for 20-30m or 60kg in each hand for 270m

Markos,

Anybody Sumo deadlift at your place?
Can you Sumo deadlift at your comps?
What do you think of Sumo deadlifts?

James has deadlifted 251kg in Sumo style. He is the only lifter using that style, the Sumo deadlift is a legitimate lift, no issues at all.

Nina tried it for a while, she managed to equal her PB at the time, but prefers regular deadlifts.

18.jpg

James sets up with his toes 1cm from the plates, bare foot, this lift is 235kg. Most turn away as he lowers it, he's never jammed his toes.

James has deadlifted 251kg in Sumo style. He is the only lifter using that style, the Sumo deadlift is a legitimate lift, no issues at all.

Nina tried it for a while, she managed to equal her PB at the time, but prefers regular deadlifts.

18.jpg

James sets up with his toes 1cm from the plates, bare foot, this lift is 235kg. Most turn away as he lowers it, he's never jammed his toes.

Is the sumo, wide stance and underhand underhand grip from the picture. 7 plates on either side, that looks crazy!

Wide stance, grip is inside the legs rather than outside, regular mixed grip.

In order those plates are 25-10-10-15-15-20-10-2.5......dont forget to count the bar lol

Wide stance, grip is inside the legs rather than outside, regular mixed grip.

In order those plates are 25-10-10-15-15-20-10-2.5......dont forget to count the bar lol

I like how your plates are the same diameter no matter what the weight. At my gym the 20s are standard but then the 15 and 10 are a smaller diameter.

The plates are the same diameter as they are bumper plates.

I'm not sure if I understand. My gym has soft rubber coated plates. I thought these were bumper plates but the 10 is smallest with the 15 medium and the 20 the normal size.

If you look at the guy that posted up the video of his snatch they were the green rubber plates and the same in my gym but they're small.

So they're not true bumper plates as they're not the proper diameter?

bumper plates are rare in commercial gyms. they all same size, generally colour coded and bounce when dropped.
you can get colour coded rubber coated plates but actual proper bumper plates bounce when dropped.

Rubber coated plates cost me $4kg.

Eleiko bumper plates cost me $16kg

Want to have a guess why you havent seen them before LJ

A pair of 20kg plates on my Zhang Kong bar comes out to $1740. Thats for a 60kg combo. Do the math on 260kg.

Thats what I was trying to explain to that **** when comparing Mikes Gym in Dandenong with the equipment at PTC.

He was clueless at the difference and popped his tampon.

Most commercial gyms use easy to bend bars with no knurling and steel plates or rubber coated steel plates.

You cannot drop them. He claimed elite athletes trained at his gym. I've trained there. You spend 30 minutes looking for a straight bar, then if you find one you hang on for the whole session. Then the curlers stare at you when you clean.

Elite athletes do not train at gyms without quality Olympic bars and bumper plates.

Gym Direct sells bumper plates, one of my clients got some from Adrian at a great price.

My coloured bumpers are actually calibrated plates for accuracy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most commercial gyms use easy to bend bars with no knurling and steel plates or rubber coated steel plates.

Yep, I now see they have half steel plates and half rubber coated steel plates.