• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

what is this

Your strength is very good and your technique is perfectly good for your goals, well done.

Could you see if you could slip a 3 litre OS Giken kit for my GTR in your luggage on your way back from Japan, please

You might be surprised what the body is capable of if you push it Kyle.
No doubt! But we have both experienced injuries from pushing too far too fast.

With overloading, I don't know the exact numbers of course - but there's got to be a limit in there somewhere. Obviously not at (say) 125% your normal lifts, but maybe at 200%? Your overloading, from what you're saying, has been well under 200%. From looking at that video, I would be surprised if that weight were less than 150-200% what that woman can genuinely handle by herself.

190kg bench negatives when you can bench 145kg is one thing; 220kg "lift" as she did, when she can probably only manage 110kg, that's another.

110kg would be a very respectable lift, more than most people - male or female - ever manage - dunno why she wants to bull**** her way up with that nonsense.

I am absolutely not saying no-one should overload, or that it's dangerous when supervised by experienced coaches. I am saying there are limits, and from that video, that woman went way past them.

I would want to see her do 110kg, then 130kg, and so on, before I'd be willing to help spot her on 220kg.

Last edited:
Your strength is very good and your technique is perfectly good for your goals, well done.

Could you see if you could slip a 3 litre OS Giken kit for my GTR in your luggage on your way back from Japan, please

I probably just about could with all the space I'll have in my bag on the way back. My girlfriends mum has given me a whole load of crap to drop over to her like hair products and coats that takes up most of the space in my bag and weigh a tonne.

There are a few different types of bench technique.
The technique she was using was more an olympic bench. It is where your feet are under your hips butt should still be touching the pad bu it becomes a full body lift.

There are a few different types of bench technique.
The technique she was using was more an olympic bench. It is where your feet are under your hips butt should still be touching the pad bu it becomes a full body lift.

Just different names created to give the lifts legitimacy.
I`ll invent my own lifts.The back arched high lift.The
spotter assisted lift.The one inch bench press.I could go on forever.
IHOMO the only lifts allowed should be the most difficult ones that follow form then everyone is on a level field regardless of what association you belong to.

No such thing as Olympic bench.

No arch at PTC comps, or any of that other tomfoolery we witness at powerlifting comps

Improves leverage.

The military press was once a power lift it was replaced with the bench press.
The military press was feet together back straight, it evloved into somthing looking like a bench press- again, to improve leverage, if you look at old footage some almost bending in half.
That footage is not uncommon, but powerlifting is a sport nothing more nothing less, move on.

f99ee-extreme_military_press_ptc_frankston.jpg

This was Simon actually stuffing up a powerclean.

The video of this lift is so disturbing that I have never posted it anywhere.

we thought he was dead lol

This was Simon actually stuffing up a powerclean.

The video of this lift is so disturbing that I have never posted it anywhere.

we thought he was dead lol

It was pretty scary. The video is... well disturbingly funny.