• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
What's beef prices doing in the supermarket? If it haven't gone up yet it will. Beef at the sale yards has gone through the roof.
yep beef everywhere has gone up, used for get fulls rumps for about 8 or 9/kg now closer to 12 or14 even mince is about 10

Maybe chicken is expensive in SA
I'll try the butchers next

At least ground beef is $5/kg and white fish very cheap $3/kg and 11g protein/100g

Maybe chicken is expensive in SA
I'll try the butchers next

Butchers are definitely cheaper here. I think the supermarkets have been jacking up their prices recently. Some places charge $10/kg for mince. Fark.

Where are you guys going shopping.. at Costco or some discount parlour?

All the shops near me never sell chicken breast or thigh fillets for less than 7.99 or 8.99 lol.. unless its about to go off. Usually its 10.99, or 12.99 free range. Chicken pieces (bone in) can be had for 2.99 but thats ingham-pick-up-shrapnel-off-the-floor crap.

I pretty much just keep my diet to chicken for meat protein source. Supplemented with any fish I catch during the week.
My butcher does it at a pretty good cost, and makes up dressings/sauces for me to use as well.
$11.99kg for me, but some weeks he might just off load me with a few kilo's for no charge.

Lamb is so bloody expensive as well, what is the matter with red meat lately! I go to spud shed and get bulk scotch fillet and cut it up myself or whatever IGA has on specials like pork leg which I dismember when I get home for different purposes.

Salmon is a staple I can get it for 19.99 skin on and I always go for the belly bits because its the fattiest and the tastiest.

Don't waste your money on free range chicken. Get it from the deli, never the pre packaged stuff. Will be $9 most days of the week, 7 or 8 on special.

I keep an eye on those frozen salmon/tuna as they're convenient size. Scored two bags for free once as they were on special but scanned at full price. Should have loaded up a trolley and gone back thru!

salmon has been 27$ a kg lately and thats a huge discount compeared to 35$ ak kg

Don't waste your money on free range chicken. Get it from the deli, never the pre packaged stuff. Will be $9 most days of the week, 7 or 8 on special.

I keep an eye on those frozen salmon/tuna as they're convenient size. Scored two bags for free once as they were on special but scanned at full price. Should have loaded up a trolley and gone back thru!

Where the flap you shop for chicken @ 9 bucks a kg in Perth? Must be the north of the river bollox. Cheapest i can get around Willetton is 11 bucks a kg up to 14 $

Where the flap you shop for chicken @ 9 bucks a kg in Perth? Must be the north of the river bollox. Cheapest i can get around Willetton is 11 bucks a kg up to 14 $

Woolworths Melville. Get it from the deli section.
Online is the same price but you have to get doubles...I've never had a problem asking for singles in store but usually buy 4 or 6 at a time and portion it when I get home. I'd imagine every woollies is the same price?
https://www2.woolworthsonline.com.a...chicken-breast-double-fillet&productId=710953

They also have fresh skin on salmon for $20/kg atm [MENTION=7521]C_T[/MENTION] ;
https://www2.woolworthsonline.com.a...lantic-salmon-fillets-skin-on&productId=95171

Last edited:
Righto you whinging perth kunce like [MENTION=10084]Jungnaut[/MENTION] ; and [MENTION=17735]ali_kaup[/MENTION] ; Woolies have got pre-packed chicken boobies on the 'red spot special' $7.99/kg. Get amongst it!