• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Your thoughts on a 24/7 gym and security

What about going early morning? Nothing like a workout first thing to get you ready for the day:)
Might not be possible because of your work and family...but if the gym is manned early in the morning and you can make it then...perfect!

If morning workouts aren't an option, have you been for a drive past at 8:30-9:30pm when you're thinking of training?
Is it very busy in there at that time?
If the place is popular and there are plenty of people around then I personally wouldn't be concerned (I'm a male though). Safety in numbers and all that.

I wouldnt mind a 24 hour gym but im usually shagged by 7pm and training in the morning is almost impossible (i dont function well until 10am)

I think youll be OK.

well I had my tour tonight with the owner and it looks pretty secure. All members are screened, photos are taken and put on file. There is a panic button, and security button also. It looks pretty good, so I think I will be joining up on Wednesday.

thanks Fadi. I will try to get someone to go with me at the start, then I will be ok.

1 question though...Upon arriving at the gym, what should I do to warm up before hitting the weights? They have a heap of cario machines, tradmills, cross trainers etc? Or do I just do lighter weights to start off with then get into it. As I have said before, I was doing my weights at home and have never worked out in a gym.
thanks everyone

Last edited:
I like to warm up for 5 mins doing bike/jog/rowing machine then strectch my hammies, glutes and lower back before i lift.

what i usually do as a warmup is 3-5 minutes on the treadmill at 12.00kmph then 500m of rows around 2:00 mark if i can.

Even a man has to be careful when by himself at night.
Especially a man.

Women are more frequently the victims of sexual assaults, but men are far, far more frequently the victims of general assaults. And women are more likely to know their attacker. Statistically, women are in more danger at home than out on the street.

So much for statistics. In practice, people are not going to assault you in the gym they've had to sign into and which is filmed constantly. Criminals are stupid, but they're not usually insane.

I would be more concerned about the regular kinds of safety in the gym, people injuring themselves, etc.

STUPID PEOPLE ARE EVERYWHERE...
In saying that..we went out to a local hotel last night for a counter meal, and the place had a kids play center where my daughter played in. I was close to her so I could see her every move as I get paranoid about her safety. There was a guy dressed up (apparently) with a wig and sunglasses who came through the restaurant, into the play center to steal the plasma tv that was on the wall. He by passed security somehow, went into the room and decided that the tv was too big, he gave up, he put it on the floor and ran off. I didn't see him, but a parent told everyone in the room that it happened. Stupid people like that is what I am worried about, especially when it involves children and their safety. I wont be going back there anymore.

I have been and had a look at the gym you are talking about after hours, there was no one in the place, it was a very quiet spot, I wouldn't want my GF training there alone, no offence to you but there are too many freaks in Bayswater.

We have one of these gyms near my place, It is on a main road that has heaps of traffic 24/7 and the front of the building where you park is lit up like a runway. The only problem with this gym is it doesnt have any free weights only machines.(im not a machine fan)

some people tend to overlook issues, first up, theres also a new 24/7 anytime fitness opened up recently at braybrook area; which i think is a great choice for many ppl incld myself who work late and needed a gym which runs 24hours.
24 hours gyms pretty common over at the states; where such mentioned issues are infact rather minimal. thnk about it, you go to the gym late at night; why? becos u wanna be fit and healthy yet couldnt spare doing it during daytime. ppl in there during the time your in have the same mindset. secondly, it is not the only place that runs late without securities. whatabout watching footy at etihad late on a friday night? whatabout having a beer with mates at a pub on a saturday night?
if really concern perhaps you can park your car nearer to where you need to be; my humble opinion, its not in the gym that will bring trouble, its out there in the street that smells trouble.if ya know what i mean.
if there r troubles associated with 24hours gym there wont be so many of them operating anymore, including the famous doherty gym at dandenong/brunswick.

STUPID PEOPLE ARE EVERYWHERE...
In saying that..we went out to a local hotel last night for a counter meal, and the place had a kids play center where my daughter played in. I was close to her so I could see her every move as I get paranoid about her safety. There was a guy dressed up (apparently) with a wig and sunglasses who came through the restaurant, into the play center to steal the plasma tv that was on the wall. He by passed security somehow, went into the room and decided that the tv was too big, he gave up, he put it on the floor and ran off. I didn't see him, but a parent told everyone in the room that it happened. Stupid people like that is what I am worried about, especially when it involves children and their safety. I wont be going back there anymore.

well first of all maddysmum, did u personally witness that incident? or it was purely been told by someone else? i mean, come on, we live in a world now with full on violence crime robbery bla bla bla... get over with it stop sayin there r stupid people. of course there are idiots everywhere,especially on the west, then y dont you move elsewhere?

I understand what Engann is saying.
We shouldn't generalize, but if he had tried to steal that TV he is more brazen than anything else.

how many late nites have u been awake and unable to sleep and thought i could do some squats right now imagine rocking up to the gym at 3am for a quick smack down **** yer i say!!!