• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Article] Building the ultimate muscle machine: move your body through space. Program #1.

Mike,

Yes Fadi is the man I suspect.

He's got so much knowledge that
I don't think that he even knows that he
'knows'...!!! :eek:

Anyway, my eating is not up to par
just yet. I'm still working on that one!

Will switch to Fadi's routing after 4 weeks
and taking body measurements to see
how far I've come in my first 12 week
program.

Thanks
Devante.

hi Devante,

What do you "suspect" him of?:D

What routine are you doing now for 4 weeks before switching to Fadi's? I'm just curious.

Mike.

hi fadi,,very interesting article. i started boxing at the age of 11 were alot of the movements your describing were used as genral training ,i stopped competitive boxing when i was 22 due to finacial pressures of a young family. I then started lifting. when i started lifting i could easy knock out 75 press ups in one hit ,30 pull ups 30 chin ups and 20 wide grip pull ups and so on but could only bench 50 kg, squat 55kg and dead 75kg.im interested in your thoughts on muscle density??? please. because in the following 4 months my squat and dead doubled,and i could bench 90kg ,i was miles ahead of the 4 guys i was training with within 6 months who were asking allsorts of questions as none of us had ever lifted weights before . i understand alot of people do make gains like mine in that time span but after about a year a few of the guys dropped of myself included for roughly 4 months ,now were my mates bodies went from "looking better" to wot a waste of a year, mine didnt .muscle densitity???? would love to hear your thoughts

hi fadi,,very interesting article. i started boxing at the age of 11 were alot of the movements your describing were used as genral training ,i stopped competitive boxing when i was 22 due to finacial pressures of a young family. I then started lifting. when i started lifting i could easy knock out 75 press ups in one hit ,30 pull ups 30 chin ups and 20 wide grip pull ups and so on but could only bench 50 kg, squat 55kg and dead 75kg.im interested in your thoughts on muscle density??? please. because in the following 4 months my squat and dead doubled,and i could bench 90kg ,i was miles ahead of the 4 guys i was training with within 6 months who were asking allsorts of questions as none of us had ever lifted weights before . i understand alot of people do make gains like mine in that time span but after about a year a few of the guys dropped of myself included for roughly 4 months ,now were my mates bodies went from "looking better" to wot a waste of a year, mine didnt .muscle densitity???? would love to hear your thoughts

A.B.S.O.L.U.T.E.L.Y Chris!

I've talked a lot on this forum about the diffrence between muscle hypertrophy through the two different pathways; the sarcoplasmic hypertrophy (the bodybuilding/water/puffed look) Vs. the myofibrillar hypertrophy (Olympic weightlifting/powerlifting) and what you were doing when boxing Chris.

Please do check page #50 in this book when you have a minute: Science and practice of strength ... - Google Books

Or this for a simpler version if you wish: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_hypertrophy

Fadi.

Fadi, I was wondering what you meant in your first post about the exception to the rule part with regards to the military press??

5.Standing military press (exception to the rule)----------------3 x4-7

Fadi, I was wondering what you meant in your first post about the exception to the rule part with regards to the military press??

5.Standing military press (exception to the rule)----------------3 x4-7

Like squatting, the military press here is an exception to the rule, the rule of moving one's own body through space that is. In other words I'm using a weight here instead of moving my own bodyweight as in a push-up or a chin-up for example.

I also like press behind the neck though many will advice against it. If you feel comfortable performing it without any issues to your shoulder joints, then by all means do it since it stimulates a greater proportion of muscles. That is in no way putting the military press down; simply placing another option on the table for you.

PS: The only way I can think of of moving your own body through space for the shoulders is to do what gymnasts do and that is hand-stand push-ups, as I used to do when I was a gymnast myself. No this is not a joke, but since I don't expect people here to be able to do it, then the next best thing is to stand upside down against a wall with your feet resting (on the wall), then from there attempt to bring your face down to the ground followed by pressing back up to the starting position.

You see what I'm suggesting here when watching the Olympic games/World Gymnastic Championships, where gymnasts are forever pressing their own bodyweight, be it when they're on the floor, parallel bars, or roman rings...

Fadi.

Last edited:
hi Devante,

What do you "suspect" him of?:D

What routine are you doing now for 4 weeks before switching to Fadi's? I'm just curious.

Mike.

I have been undertaking the 'body for life'
programme. This runs for 12 weeks. I am
on my 11th week at the moment (however
will have to extend to 13 weeks to make up
for the days lost by non-attendance).

I haven't lost or gained massive amounts as

claimed by the book. However, I see gains in
all areas which is evident by the increased
number of weights I can push/pull/raise and
set down :eek:

I'll post measurements after 3 weeks or so.

Devante.

Well done for sticking with the program, especially as you didn't get the promised gains/loss.

All gains, as in the increase in the weights moved, are good gains:)

Mike.

Well done for sticking with the program, especially as you didn't get the promised gains/loss.

All gains, as in the increase in the weights moved, are good gains:)

Mike.

Thanks Mike (& everyone who's
answered my questions here on the
Forum).

And Fadi Of course. I annoyed him
with a PM just yesterday!!!

Anyway, yesterday was one of those
days that I was asking myself what
I'm doing in a gym for the 4th night in a
row with more stinking guys than on 31st
night in Ibiza???!!! My mind was like who the hell
cares about this crap anyway kinda thing.. :eek:

Anyway, I managed to finish the work out!
It took all my effort to push past all that
negative talk.

I had an instant awakening the other day
that if you want to loose fat and put on
muscle youREALLY have to work out for
'life'..oh and also
eat correctly!

So the body for life thing really made sense
to me....

Devante.
P.S. Victory comes from wining small battles over a
longer period of time...

Thanks Mike (& everyone who's
answered my questions here on the
Forum).

And Fadi Of course. I annoyed him
with a PM just yesterday!!!

Anyway, yesterday was one of those
days that I was asking myself what
I'm doing in a gym for the 4th night in a
row with more stinking guys than on 31st
night in Ibiza???!!! My mind was like who the hell
cares about this crap anyway kinda thing.. :eek:

Anyway, I managed to finish the work out!
It took all my effort to push past all that
negative talk.

I had an instant awakening the other day
that if you want to loose fat and put on
muscle youREALLY have to work out for
'life'..oh and also
eat correctly!

So the body for life thing really made sense
to me....

Devante.
P.S. Victory comes from wining small battles over a
longer period of time...

Hi Devante, that's the spirit, exercise and a good diet, for life!

I think we all have those days when we ask ourselves, why? And we do what you did, push through it, and feel better for it.:)

You'll do well with your attitude, and Fadi's wise words.

I'm fighting small battles in a war I can not win, as my enemy is time.

Mike.

I went to the link on the google book you provided in your post Fadi, but it only goes to 21 pages and it says some pages are omitted because its a book preview, and i cant access Page 50. Any suggestions?

Regards,
Nick

I went to the link on the google book you provided in your post Fadi, but it only goes to 21 pages and it says some pages are omitted because its a book preview, and i cant access Page 50. Any suggestions?

Regards,
Nick

Sure thing Nick and here's how you do it:

1. Click on the link
2. Click on contents
3. Click on (Page 47): Athlete-Specific Strength
4. You may use the arrows to or just your mouse (as in a pdf file) to scroll up and down.

Let me know if you still have any problems Nick. Thank you.

Fadi.

it still looks like an amazing program. Fadi i'm going to ask my coaches approval to use it as a template for when i re-enter training, sort of like an anatomical adaption program. do you think it would be appropriate (if you were my coach) after a brief rest period ?

it still looks like an amazing program. Fadi i'm going to ask my coaches approval to use it as a template for when i re-enter training, sort of like an anatomical adaption program. do you think it would be appropriate (if you were my coach) after a brief rest period ?
No coach would ever object to any movement that is functional and you can't get more functional than well...moving your own body through space as you do do every single day of your life PB.

Example: Please lie down on the floor and then get up for me. Now you can lie face down or back down. Can you see all the muscles involved in getting you back straight on your feet PB? That's what we're talking about here and to throw an objection here is to object about the most basics of basics.

Naturally, if something hurts, then you wouldn't do it just like you would or would not do in your normal everyday movements.

Fadi.

Sure thing Nick and here's how you do it:

1. Click on the link
2. Click on contents
3. Click on (Page 47): Athlete-Specific Strength
4. You may use the arrows to or just your mouse (as in a pdf file) to scroll up and down.

Let me know if you still have any problems Nick. Thank you.

Fadi.

Hi Fadi, I tried what you said but its greyed out and i cant go to it. if i click it does nothing.
Ive uploaded a picture so you can see how it looks like.

Regards,
Nick

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 78
Okay Nick, although it's working for me that's not good for you. So I looked further and found I can get you there by this: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=QWSn4iKgNo8C&lpg=PP1&dq=Science%20and%20practice%20of%20strength%20training&pg=PA47#v=onepage&q&f=false

Either read the whole chapter beginning on page 47 or scroll to page 50. I hope this will do it for you this time Champ.

Fadi.

still didnt work but its okay, i have downloaded the book in a PDF file off a site. Thanks.

Nick

Very interesting Post Fadi, I have been doing plenty of 12 rep exercises, and I am looking at getting into the 4-6/7 rep range.
I am considering starting a new program maybe next week, although, how does everyone think about running/cycling on the days off?