• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
M

MADDYSMUM

ok I am concentrating on my triceps, and I am doing the lying tricep extensions, and the dumbbell overhead tricep extension. Currently I am using dumbbells and they are 10 kilos. I really feel it after doing 12 reps.
How many sets should I be doing? I try to do 3 sets, but it kills as it burns like hell.
Should I lower the weights and then do more reps or more sets?
Tricep Kickbacks are the same, but I cant do these with the 10 kilo weights as I feel like my shoulder is going to come out of its socket.

What weights should I use for those? and how many reps please?

ok I am concentrating on my triceps, and I am doing the lying tricep extensions, and the dumbbell overhead tricep extension. Currently I am using dumbbells and they are 10 kilos. I really feel it after doing 12 reps.
How many sets should I be doing? I try to do 3 sets, but it kills as it burns like hell.
Should I lower the weights and then do more reps or more sets?
Tricep Kickbacks are the same, but I cant do these with the 10 kilo weights as I feel like my shoulder is going to come out of its socket.

What weights should I use for those? and how many reps please?

Angie, is that one arm at a time or two you're using? I'm thinking of something that is much more effective than all of these exercises. I'm thinking of push ups and hands close to the body push ups. Or dips between a chair and a couch/bench/chair. There's no comparison between these exercises and just an isolation exercise like the one you've chosen.

What I'm suggesting would have you take care of your abs/back (core) muscles as you are smashing your triceps. Not to mention your overall metabolism revving due to your whole body moving through space as you are performing such a movement as a "simple" push up.

Now if you want to stick with your dumbell exercise, then I'd suggest seated french curl
Dumbbell_French_Press_-_Start.jpg
. This works the whole of your triceps.

Week #1. Mon/Wed/Fri 3 x 4-7
Week #2. Mon/Wed/Fri 3 x 4-7
Week #3. Mon/Wed/Fri 3 x 4-7
Week #4. Mon/Wed/Fri 3 x 4-7
Week #5. Mon/Wed/Fri 3 x 4-7
Week #6. Mon/Wed/Fri 3 x 4-7

The idea here Angie is to aim for 4 reps. Pick a weight that will allow you to perform 4 proper executed reps. As the weeks go by, increase the reps untill you can get 7. Once you get to 7 reps, decrease the reps back to 4 and add some weight, then continue with the progressive overload principle.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Thanks Fadi, I do them already and I do them sitting and standing. I do 1 dumbbell 10 kilos and do approx 8 reps. Lying down I will use 2 bumbbels but there are 5 kilos as the 10 kilo ones are too hard. I also do push ups, and do about 20 of them (maybe I should be doing more) and I also do dips on a couch and do about 15 of them by 2 sets.

I will do what you said, and I am working out every day, is that bad? I cant help it as I feel bad when I dont.

Thanks Fadi, I do them already and I do them sitting and standing. I do 1 dumbbell 10 kilos and do approx 8 reps. Lying down I will use 2 bumbbels but there are 5 kilos as the 10 kilo ones are too hard. I also do push ups, and do about 20 of them (maybe I should be doing more) and I also do dips on a couch and do about 15 of them by 2 sets.

I will do what you said, and I am working out every day, is that bad? I cant help it as I feel bad when I dont.

Angie, working out everyday is fine as long as you are recovering. Brick layers go to work everyday too. Okay maybe not on the weekend! Kids play by climbing trees (in my days) and running up a hill, as well as lifting rocks. We never thought that we needed to stop playing. Now we call it exercise; how things have changed!

Fadi.

To put it into perspective though [MENTION=2727]Fadi[/MENTION]; , they were't trying to squat double their body weight or lift their body weight over their head every day