• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Effort and results - linked

Good to know.....where you named after a Magic Dragon, where your parents flower children from the 60's...stoners

Just messin with ya

haha...yeah most people hear the name and assume i might be permanently connected to a bong (nothing could be further from the truth). it's a nickname from a haircut gone wrong many years ago that stuck.

Modo can you do everyone a favour and not ruin anymore threads with your f**king woe is me attitude and victim mentality.

Oh and double bodyweight squats are overrated!

you're a real hero Nick. I wish i was like you with my mucho ass ego. "Oh double bodyweight squats are overrated" man not everyone is as tank as you. and i have stopped the "woe is me" threads, i am trying to not do it but no one here seems to understand that trouble i am having with the gym and all that. we are not all genetically gifted like all you guys on here, or all on roids like most of the "natural" guys on here. STFU man.

This PM I just received is a testament as to why you are failing Mongo. You look for reaons why you cant do whatever x did. "Woe is me, everynoe is a genetic freak or juiced to the gills"

My request was a genuine one, I think everyone is sick of threads turning into why you cant get what you want out of weights. And my 2xBW squat comment was a joke you moron, because even though my squat is my best lift I still cant squat double bodyweight.

As for my amazing genetics check the link below for a photo of me 2 months before weight starting training in early 2007, i'm the runt on the far right of the pic.
m&m's place - Hardtuned.net - Page 138

Genetics my a$$, hard work and dedication more like it.

I train at PTC on Saturdays if you ever make it down (yeah right, lol), but hey after your lovely PM let me know if you train there another day and I'd love to make a special trip down.

Modo has also sent a disgusting pm to Aussieballer, calling him a racist, presumably because of the "Aussie" part in his nickname. Sean has coached and played basketball in Australia, where modo lives, for most of his life.

He has called the girls at PTC tranny's.

He asked hyjack to perform a homosexual act on him.

I cant believe the moderators even allow him on here, he accused me of wanting to kill him.

This is ridiculous that it is allowed to continue.

I'm not sure you would be too welcome at PTC modo

Maybe he has pics of admin, who knows

If Modos even in Victoria he should be able to make the effort. I visited for 3 days from interstate and got heaps from it, I wouldnt hesitate to recomend visiting PTC to anyone.

Modo has also sent a disgusting pm to Aussieballer, calling him a racist, presumably because of the "Aussie" part in his nickname. Sean has coached and played basketball in Australia, where modo lives, for most of his life.

He has called the girls at PTC tranny's.

He asked hyjack to perform a homosexual act on him.

I cant believe the moderators even allow him on here, he accused me of wanting to kill him.

This is ridiculous that it is allowed to continue.

I'm not sure you would be too welcome at PTC modo

Maybe he has pics of admin, who knows

Ahaha cut some slack, modo is just misunderstood

Back on topic. Effort.

Tonight one of my clients was doing shrugs with 150kg. The bar was set on pins around knee height so not to have to deadlift it first.

the kind of shrugs we do at PTC are dynamic shrugs, to help our cleans. As an example, Max uses 200kg x 5 and cleans 112.5kg @ 70.

Anyway, this client started in February this year. Easily the weakest client to ever start at PTC. Quit first session in 10 minutes.

So 8 months, 150kg shrugs, no wrist wraps is very impressive. To see the effort put in by this client will impress anyone.

I got video footage of these 150kg shrugs, but I didnt get pics.

You'll see Annie shrugging 150kg in the next PTC video.

Amazing effort.

NPR (nick) lifted at PTC this morning. I've just put this workout into Josh's diary. It was close to 30 degrees this morning at PTC. Nick trained with Alen, James, Dave, Ryan, Max, Spiros and Dim.

These guys worked themselves into the ground, in fact, Max did 3 sessions.

Cardio at 10.00am (up to 160kg x 10 deload bench squats)

Bench session 12.00am ( up to 120kg deload bench press)

Event training 1.00pm ( up to 120kg x 70m Farmers Walk x 2)

Big Nick (NPR) today at PTC.

Bench press up to 125kg x 5
Deload bench press up to 160kg x 2
Band bench press up to blue bands x 5
Squats up to 190kg
Front squats up to 150kg
Farmers Walk up to 260kg x 20 metres x 2

This is the kind of effort that making these guys massive and strong. Nick and James picking up 130kg in each hand and walking 20m x 2 is an awesome effort.

What did you today?

NPR What did you today?

Had an extra rest day and grew!

Hee hee:)

You are a mad scientist too right?

Have you ever systematically tested clients like lab rats to see just how many days off is optimal for max growth?

I don't mean doing what your latest research says. I mean just as a test. Your own world in your own environment.

I am really convinced that Mentzer was on to something here.

More and more days off as we get closer and closer to out genetic biggest.

BUT

In saying that he had become so damned unfit towards the end that obviously his intellect and obsession began to over ride reality. ie some of his clients were training only once every 10 to 14 days.
To me that is silly buggers. How do you maintain even normal wellness and fitness if you train that infrequently?

At present I always have 2 days off and do a 4 day split. Each part once per 12 days. Still gaining.
Will add a 3rd day rest when I level off. Beyond that I can't live with.

Then again Bulls lay around a lot. LOL

Plus I tend to have absolutely electric and megga intense energy levels for each workout.

Any thoughts?

Rob

Last edited:
Days off are for the weak.

Olympic lifters squat 3 times a day, 6-7 days a week.

The body will adapt if you FORCE it too.

The lifters at PTC dont follow a bodybuilding protocol. They train for improved performance.

Mike Mentzer died young, as did his brother.

You couldnt possibly pick a worse role model or someones ideals than my all time favourite bodybuilder.

He relied on speed to get through his sessions and steroids to recover.

Max has had 6 training sessions since Thursday. He squats well over double bodyweight x 1, 1 1/2 times bodyweight x 20, deadlifts well over 2 1/2 times bodyweight. He has put on 20kg in his 2 years of serious lifting, has single digit bodyfat.

He must be doing something right.

Stay strong, stay raw.

The bodybuilding section is on the other side.

LOL

Dude I love your "Eye of the Tiger" !

Does it ever rest?

I am now and always will be clean. Just gifted!

and

Well rested.

LOL

Don't train too hard:p

Days off are for the weak.

Olympic lifters squat 3 times a day, 6-7 days a week.

The body will adapt if you FORCE it too.

The lifters at PTC dont follow a bodybuilding protocol. They train for improved performance.

Mike Mentzer died young, as did his brother.

You couldnt possibly pick a worse role model or someones ideals than my all time favourite bodybuilder.

He relied on speed to get through his sessions and steroids to recover.

Max has had 6 training sessions since Thursday. He squats well over double bodyweight x 1, 1 1/2 times bodyweight x 20, deadlifts well over 2 1/2 times bodyweight. He has put on 20kg in his 2 years of serious lifting, has single digit bodyfat.

He must be doing something right.

Stay strong, stay raw.

The bodybuilding section is on the other side.

Last edited:
Nick will take some beating at the Strongman event at AD10, he won the Easter Strongman, so is the reining champ.

While his 822.5kg total is impressive, its during the Strongman that he excells.

I reckon he might be using 200kg next Saturday.

Saturday is a free for all, $20 and train from 10.00am till 2.00pm, lots of events/lifts/mini comps.