• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Quick oats or rolled oats..which one?

me too using homebrand rolled oats, 99c for a bag at woolies.
oh i reckon costco too is selling uncle quacker traditional oats, for like couple of dollars sitting at 4lbs

I tried some of my choc whey protein powder in with my oatmeal yesterday morning and I hated it. It felt like mud even though I added more water and milk.
Does anyone have oats with protein powder?
If so, do you add it before you nuke it in the microwave or after?

The key is to make a shake instead of adding the powder to a regular bowl of oats

I and a few others do similiar, tastes great! I didnt like it the first time but love it now

250ml milk
1/2 cup oats
1 banana
1 scoop chocolate protein powder (dying to get some vanilla to try it out)
1 squirt honey
ice blocks

Blend this for about a minute and its done!

I tried some of my choc whey protein powder in with my oatmeal yesterday morning and I hated it. It felt like mud even though I added more water and milk.
Does anyone have oats with protein powder?
If so, do you add it before you nuke it in the microwave or after?

Yes add after you have made the oats , only use vanilla... Chocolate = no good.

The less proccessed oat is more nutrient dense.
steel cut is the best option.
Rolled is more economical.
I Stay away from anything else.

Shrek, I have bought mine from organic food shops.
A lot of effort, it's exy and you need to soak it overnight.

My breakfast bow just consists of;
two handfuls of rolled oats
two scoops of protien
six frozen cherries
handful of frozen berries
tspoon of brewers yeast
milk then blend until smooth.

haha this morning i went all out and added ON pro complex protein onto my oats after being cooked. was ok if i held my nose while eating it. nahhh surprisingly not too bad!!!

I just add around half an orange, half a banana, 120g or so of home brand oats, cover it with milk and eat.

As a shake I have half a cup of oats, 1 and a half of milk, a banana, tbsp of peanut butter and 2 scoops of ice-cream.