• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

litebulb

Ladies and Gents,

Anyone ever taken / have any experience with GH Activators?

It's a touchy topic on this forum, but my mantra is, if you can buy it from a supplement shop, it isn't illegal. So, I'm most definitely not talking about "Taking GH".

I was talking to a friend yesterday, and he said taking "GABA (Gamma-amino butyric acid) helped him a LOT back in his competing days, and he saw significant gains while using it (in conjunction with diet and training obviously).

Testosterone Growth Hormone - Information And Supplement Listing

I've tried Tribulus, and found it to be a bit of a crock...but I'm looking for something a little extra...

I hate relying on marketing / internet...I'd like to know if anyone here has seen any improvements based on their personal experience

I have used GABA.
If you want GABA buy the powder not the tabs, it works out a lot cheaper. The tabs are usually 500mgs, which means taking up to 10 per night.

Start with 2-3gms to assess tolerance. I jumped straight to 5gms and experiences shortness of breath about 5min later (common with GABA). Gradually increase dose bt do not go over 5gms or about 1 teaspoon. Take it on an empty stomach before bed.
Studies claim it stimulates the pituatry gland to produce more GH. (I didn't see notible results but maybe I didn't use long enough).
However it does induce deeper sleep, which may or may not benefit you depending on how your sleep quality is at the moment.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Helps a lot Shrek.

My mate said he can't remember what the brand he used was, but he said that it had "GABA" written on it in big writing - so I assume (based on that website) that it is the one by "Challenge".

He said that it was $100 and lasted for 1 or 2 months - but he was taking this back in 2001/2002.

Has anybody here used it? I want "lasting gains" i.e. something that will assist in lean muscle mass, and not just be "water retention" based. i.e. instead of only being able to gain 6 grams of lean muscle mass per day, I'd like to be able to gain 8 or 10 grams :p

I have realistic expectations, and a budget, so if this is going to be a waste of money, I'd rather just buy more skim milk / tuna :p

I wouldn't expect too much from GABA.
Remember, if it really worked as they say it does it would be prohibited as was the case with GHB.

Good info Shrek.
While I haven't used GABA, while i was doing my cut, I thought I should use a "GH releaser" as more GH would assist with more fat loss (hypothetically).

I used Powerfull, one of the most hyped up ones..... nothing special. It gave me deeper sleep but I didn't see anything special in my fat loss. Majority of fat loss (and I mean 95%) was due to diet, workout and lifestyle.

Despite Powerfull's voluminous bullsh*t advertising, it's just dopamine. It puts you in a better mood and gives more tranquility. People mistake this for a rise in GH. And there's no lab tests to show that dopamine alone increases GH in normal males.

As Shrek precisely put it in the last post,
"Remember, if it really worked as they say it does it would be prohibited as was the case with GHB"

it is said that glutamine can increase gh secretion
do a search on it on google and make up your own mind

it is said that glutamine can increase gh secretion
do a search on it on google and make up your own mind

American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 61: 1058-1061, 1995

As far as supplementation before exercise is concerned, it has been shown that an ingestion of 2g of glutamine will lead to elevation of human growth hormone (hGH) 90 minutes later without side effects.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Mk677 for GH release.
��������

MK677 is good. I'm a bit weary about the quality of mine though, makes me feel weird as all fuck, not even sure its mk677??