• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Want to bulk and define.

Pop Quiz

What action does the biceps do?

a) Curl the arm

OR

b) supinate / rotate the hand

TEST
Before answering, place your arm in the fully curled position but palm facing down or over hand as in forearm pose or overhand grip.

Hold your bicep with your other hand and feel it as you curl. Curl as hard as you like into a fully bent overhand grip curl.
Does your biceps flex at all?

With your other hand now squeeze the biceps as you rotate the hand to a fully supinated, fully twisted palms up position. ( or beyond )

Keeping your arm fully bent the whole time.

Muscle peak is determined by genetics but you need to know what the biceps actually do to hit them best.

Just try my test. You may be surprised.;)

Twist???..sound painful.

As Josh said, genetics determine bicep peak.

Last edited:
yeh i think there are a few names for similar exercises. the screw curl is very similar and gets the most bicep activation, there's also the zottman curl which is good for elbow health.
cant have as much weight as a normal or hammer curls but is good to mix things up or do some tempo stuff.

I am amazed how much i have improved in such little time, in 2-3 weeks i have increased all my weight by 20-40%

When i first started:
Bench Press - 45kg 3x8
Military Press - 30kg 3x8
Dips - 3x12
Barbell Curls - 20kg 3x8
Barbell Rows - 55kg 3x8
SLDL - 55kg 3x8
Barbell Front raises 55kg 3x8
Bicep Curls - 12.5kg 3x8
Squat - 65kg 3x8

Currently at:
Bench Press - 55kg 3x8
Military Press - 35kg 3x8
Dips - 3x12
Barbell Curls - 27.5kg 3x8
Barbell Rows - 60kg 3x8
SLDL - 65kg 3x8
Barbell Front raises 60kg 3x8
Bicep Curls - 12.5kg 3x8
Squat - 105kg 3x8 (I was amazed on how much i have improved in this area)

Squats one of th fastest things to jump up (well mine did) from starting. Well done on the improvements!

Great news guys, this is the improvement i've had in less than 1 month.
e6p1xz.jpg

aexrt3.jpg