• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
^Thanks, looks like a real handy website.

The reason I submitted my last post was to find out which of the 30 (took out Bear Complex from lack of confidence) exercises I should complete, how often, and to what degree.

I don't believe it would be good to do all 30 of those exercises twice a day 7 days a week, maybe I should only do 8 of them, and if so, which 8?

Please alleviate my concerns.

Thank you,

Barry_

*bump

I used the Vertical Jump Bible by Kelly Baggett a few years ago and it was good. Hard weight training + plyometrics.

From my memory it only has 3 or 4 main weight training exercises - Squat, deadlift, barbell lunges and powercleans. Plyometrics is used on off days.

The program was linked to earlier in the thread. I would strongly suggest this program over the exercises/routine you are posting.

reminders when doing trainings

I have tried plyometric training guys.Its one best way to increase vertical. One of the things to look out for when doing plyometric training, which I learn the hard way is to make sure you have strong joints and tendons because you'll be adding a LOT of stress on them and if they're weak you can risk injuring your self, which will cause delays in seeing improvements. As far as weight training goes, you should focus on lifting weights that are 85% of your 1 max rep, and focus on SPEED and quality of the exercise. The faster you're able to lift the weight the more stress you put on the muscle and the stronger they will become.;)

Plyometrics are dangerous.
I make this an unequivocal statement.
They are not safe under any circumstances, nor for any particular athlete, no matter how advanced he or she maybe.
Any athlete should question a coach who directs him or her to do so.
Many who should know should know better but don't perhaps due to peer pressure or political affiliation within the field, have forgotten the neurological firing ability, the ability to recruit and/or fire muscle tissue, is a trait that is largely inborn, with little room for improvement.
One can certainly improve these skills in any sport, and should.
Improvement will lead to the development of more efficient neuromuscular patterns, and getting stronger in those muscular structures.
Posted via Mobile Device

http://www.thejumpmanual.com/

do some plyometric. Its one way of jumping higher. When you don't do precaution no matter what exercise you do you are still in danger.

Increasing your vertical ability can be hard to do if you do not train correctly.

You must train your fast-twitch muscles because these muscles help you explode upwards. The best way to do this is to join a vertical training program.

I suggest this because if doing these fast-twitch exercises wrong, you will get no-where. I know of a program because I did it myself and I gained 10 inches to my vertical which amazed me.

If you do not want to join a program I suggest doing body weight exercises. for example...
1 Sprints x 10 reps
2 Box jumps x 15 reps
3 Calf Raises x 100 reps x 3 sets
4 Burpees x 15 reps x 3 sets