• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Popular Supplements

G

gymjunkie

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if some people would be happy to provide a bit of information on what they feel are the most popular supplements around in Australia. I'm aware that most of the American big names do well, but in terms of supplements like protein, do aussies generally go for local/cheap names, or are these still very market based?

My assumptions at the moment for the popular areas are (no particular order)

Proteins:
Musashi, MuscleTech, Optimum Nutrition, Dymatize, MuscleMilk (...?)

Protein Bars:
?

Preworkouts:
No xplode, superpump, black powder, Jacked, universal/animal products? (...?)

Test boosters - I'm not too sure about these, the only one I really know well is Thermolife TBOL, and also Mass-FX

Fat burners: hydroxycut, lipo 6?

In case you are wondering, the reasoning behind my questions is in fact for a new online store on the verge of opening. I'm in no way trying to advertising this and I am purely asking to see if any of you do/dont use these products, just so we can gauge how popular some of the american lines really are in Australia, and know what to target for our launching sales.

Thanks in advance to anyone that has a moment to reply.

Cheers.

Hi Gymjunkie,

My personal preferences are below.

Proteins:
Redbak (price)
Max's (quality/taste...if I'm feeling rich)
I was a Max's fan until they decided to get cocky and add 30% to the prices.

Protein Bars:
Never seen anyone ever buy or eat one...

Preworkouts:
Wanted to buy jack3d but couldn't get it where I was already shopping
bought superpump250 as the close second choice.

Test boosters:
No interest/huge skeptic.

Fat burners:
Never bought, but considered Animal Cuts or hydroxycut due to huge positive reviews on US forums.

One last hint, if your store doesn't have EASY to understand shipping info I won't even consider it.
Not even an aus post calculator.
If it's not free or flat rate it would need to have massive savings for me to look any further.
Luxury of online stores is people can just click a button and close the window and go to the next one.

Hope that helps.
Let me know when you open your store and what my discount code is ;)

Alot of people at Ausbb by Protein in bulk. I am just about to finish some ON 100% whey and will be purchasing bulk. Maybe you can consider some good quality NZ bulk protein?

Proteins: Gold Standard, due to its price and quality Protein Bars: its too expensive to have it daily Preworkouts: i use jack3d its a good supplement, not as wired as the other pre workout's Test boosters: Universal M Stak was really good Fat burners: Universal Animal Cuts is a good one

Dunno about specific supps, i would more focus on stocking the range from a few solid brands. Two i would recommend are Gen-tech (aussie company) Next generation supplements (also aussie), and dymatize is also a good one. All imo of course :)

Best of luck.

my personal preference:
WPI: ON, dymatize
prewo: strong black coffee
test booster: going start tbol real soon (hope it helps?)

generally BSN products like CELLMASS or NO xplode.

not too sure bout aussie products as some of em may be even more exp than american brands, so y not